Sign in to follow this  
FlatCapRob

unable to update pmdg products and crash to desktop

4 minutes ago, FlatCapRob said:

as for me i have deleted all exisiting downloads and folders re downloaded many times and i just keep getting the same thing happen :-(

that's what i'm getting too i think, lmooks like the link hasn't be updated to all customer or something

1 minute ago, Olympic260 said:

Can you confirm that you have uninstalled the previous releases from windows Programs and features before installing the new ones?

yes thats what i tried before but to no avail :-)

1 minute ago, Olympic260 said:

Can you confirm that you have uninstalled the previous releases from windows Programs and features before installing the new ones?

yes thats what i tried before but to no avail :-)

6 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

that's what i'm getting too i think, lmooks like the link hasn't be updated to all customer or something

I don't think that's the case, the last full reinstall update was pushed a month ago today, the files that are currently up for download are the latest versions and most people have downloaded and installed successfully based on the lack of posts like like this one.

15 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

This is not a possibility. Sorry. If it were, you wouldn't be the only one seeing this.

Kyle Rodgers

Actually, hold on for a moment...

Because the thread was hijacked (CMB - please avoid doing this), we might be getting wires crossed.

Rob:
Is your issue that your OC is still reporting that you don't have the latest version, or was that solved by the full uninstall/reinstall? If that bit was solved, the only issue remaining is the sim crashing without warning. Which version of the sim are you running, and what does the crash report say (Start > Type "View All Problem" and select "View All Problem Reports" > Find the sim > Open the latest report > Paste here)?

CMB:
I'm fairly confident that you're allowing some file contamination here, unless you're also using something like the Estonia Migration Tool.

If you are using the EMT, please advise. If not, continue:

Delete everything out of your Downloads folder (at least anything PMDG-related)
Uninstall the 744 via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
Download the 744 installer and unzip it
Run the installer as an admin

Kyle Rodgers

The readme on the zip file downloaded from the PMDG should begin with the following for the latest installer (P3D version)

======================================================================
PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II-Base Package for P3D     v3.00.8415

P3D    RELEASE VERSION     P3D

27JUL17         READ THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT        0400Z
======================================================================
             **EULA IS LOCATED AT END OF THIS MESSAGE**

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

52 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Actually, hold on for a moment...

Because the thread was hijacked (CMB - please avoid doing this), we might be getting wires crossed.

Rob:
Is your issue that your OC is still reporting that you don't have the latest version, or was that solved by the full uninstall/reinstall? If that bit was solved, the only issue remaining is the sim crashing without warning. Which version of the sim are you running, and what does the crash report say (Start > Type "View All Problem" and select "View All Problem Reports" > Find the sim > Open the latest report > Paste here)?

CMB:
I'm fairly confident that you're allowing some file contamination here, unless you're also using something like the Estonia Migration Tool.

If you are using the EMT, please advise. If not, continue:

Delete everything out of your Downloads folder (at least anything PMDG-related)
Uninstall the 744 via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
Download the 744 installer and unzip it
Run the installer as an admin

here is the latest crash report from yesterday https://gyazo.com/3d31a2b2c8d870b302e7641b4487ecda

and no my oc says i dont have the latest version installed after several full uninstalls from programs and features. 

1 minute ago, FlatCapRob said:

here is the latest crash report from yesterday https://gyazo.com/3d31a2b2c8d870b302e7641b4487ecda

and no my oc says i dont have the latest version installed after several full uninstalls from programs and features. 

The faulting module isn't ours.

Are you using the Estonia Migration Tool to help get v3 sceneries into v4?

Kyle Rodgers

9 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

The faulting module isn't ours.

Are you using the Estonia Migration Tool to help get v3 sceneries into v4?

no i have never done any  migration and tbh i wouldnt have a clue how to