Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

Can any Windows gurus confirm/debunk this claim?

Astonishing if correct..... but why do I get a whiff of snake oil?

No, it's not snake oil (particularly since you're not buying anything).

However, this is highly inadvisable for flight sim, and the explanation is rather simple.

Flight simulators (FSX, P3D, X-Plane) are not games in the traditional sense, as they require vast processing resources in order to model and generate all the parameters of flight and communications (SimConnect for FSX/P3D) not only for the aircraft but for the world and weather we fly in.  These processes have absolutely nothing to do with graphics, it's pure processing.

What this tweak does is allocate more than twice the system resources to graphics generation (and now hopefully the light has just come on).  This would obvious cause a problem for SIMULATORS, but it would work rather well for games.  Also, heat could be a potential issue not only for the graphics care but the motherboard components that interface with the graphics card.

So the next time you see someone here in the forums write that they "play FSX/P3D/Xplane)" and you feel like politely challenging their choice of words, you now have a little information to back you up... LOL.

Best wishes from your friendly neighborhood retarded (I mean retired) computer hardware engineer.

EDIT:  This may work for those who simply jump in and fly GA or default aircraft.

Edited by DaveCT2003
Porgot someting.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Ok, the first thing that strikes me as weird is this: CS GO is an older e-sports title.  It's not unheard of to see fps with 9 series Nvidia cards in the 150-250 fps range.  In this video he is only getting 66 fps before the "mod".  His after "mod" fps of 170 is much more consistent with stock 9-series gpu performance.  So now I'm curious, I might have to try this just to validate my suspicion.  On my son's 980ti system, of course!

Hi,

It's fake. He just does these kind of videos to get subscribers/likes/views and earn some money from advertisements. Watch his 'Double your computer RAM for free' video, it's ridiculous. I hope I was the last one ever to watch this baloney; these videos should actually be removed and the guy banned from ever uploading anything to YouTube again.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

41 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Best wishes from your friendly neighborhood retarded (I mean retired) computer hardware engineer.

Lol!  Behave yourself Dave - I know you better than that. :biggrin:

Your explanation makes perfect sense now and that, allied to OWK53 and also Maartens observations, just sort of confirmed my initial scepticism.

An interesting one nonetheless... and I can't help but wonder just how many people might have 'toasted' their pride and joy by blindly following his instructions?

Ho Hum....

• Upvote 1

I also suspect that applying these changes for a flight sim app may increase (raise) the GPU temperature that may exceed acceptable limits: This is just intuitive.  I have the know-how, but not the courage to experiment with my system.  If there's some out there in this Forum  whose going to try it, perhaps they could report the results to our little community... 

9 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

What this tweak does is allocate more than twice the system resources to graphics generation

Does it change anything? All I'm seeing is adding a monitoring tool to record data, not change anything.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

As Maarten says above, his YouTube channel is full of nonsense - I wouldn't believe a word he says. If you want a good laugh, watch his "Quadruple Your Internet Speed for Free" video. I'm surprised anyone is gullible enough to think that this rubbish would work.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit