Sign in to follow this  
Dal 1

Could not load Microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect.dll

Guys 

it has been one of those weekends when i have been battled with tech problems.

I now have simconnect installed for p3dv4 but i get te following error when i run aivlasoft efb on first launch

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll' or one of its dependencies. The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
File name: 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll'
   at ht.c(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider
    Assembly Version: 1.6.10.26311
    Win32 Version: 1.6.10.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
Castle.Windsor
    Assembly Version: 3.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.3.0.2412
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/Castle.Windsor.DLL
AivlaSoft.Efb.Common
    Assembly Version: 1.6.10.26311
    Win32 Version: 1.6.10.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/AivlaSoft.Efb.Common.DLL
DevExpress.Utils.v15.1
    Assembly Version: 15.1.5.0
    Win32 Version: 15.1.5.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.Utils.v15.1.DLL
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Castle.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.3.3.2300
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/Castle.Core.DLL
Desaware.MachineLicense40
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.5.6
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/Desaware.MachineLicense40.DLL
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
DevExpress.Data.v15.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.Data.v15.1.DLL
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
DevExpress.XtraEditors.v15.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v15.1.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
DevExpress.XtraGrid.v15.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.XtraGrid.v15.1.DLL
System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll
DevExpress.XtraBars.v15.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/AivlaSoft/EFB/DevExpress.XtraBars.v15.1.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Security
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Security/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Security.dll
System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
UIAutomationClient
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationClient/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationClient.dll
UIAutomationTypes
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationTypes/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationTypes.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Despite deleting and resinatlling sim connect the error will not go away. Please help?

i am way out of my depth here

Daz

Have you manually installed the legacy versions of SimConnect?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

HI

Thanks for the quick reply.

No - I could find out where the legacy versions where in p3dV4.

i have re installed the 4 installers in the following location. E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface

Espv1

FSX -RTM

FSX Sp1

FSX SP2 - XPAX

would welcome some advice if I need to do something else and how to find/do it?

really appreciate your help. I am ready to throw the whole setup in the bin at the minute

cheers

Daz

Okay, there are three versions of SimConnect you should install.  Believe it or not, they all came with P3D!  They are all located in the "redist" folder of your main P3D directory.  Inside you will find three main version, a Japanese version and a Russian version (ignore the latter two and install the other three).

Then... Wahla!  Presto!  Alacazam! 

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks very much. I have installed those already and it didn't work. That's why i am stumped.

I have no idea what is going on.

any thoughts?

Daz

Afraid not brother, if you've uninstalled each version of SimConnect, and reinstalled them and it still doesn't work then it sounds more systemic to me.  I will say that the amount of time you may spend to find and resolve this might be more than a fresh Windows and P3D reinstall (much faster and far more automated than it used to be).

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

On 8/28/2017 at 0:10 PM, Dal 1 said:

Despite deleting and resinatlling sim connect

Agree with Dave above.  It sounds more like a problem with your system. 

You cannot delete simconnect.  Sounds like you borked your P3D (and perhaps Windows).  If you manually deleted it, that's the worse - https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/tips/Pages/SA0001.aspx. (That's for FSX, but P3D is an upgraded version of FSX).  I do not know of any program in the Add/Remove Programs that allows you to uninstall SimConnect.  Since there is no uninstaller, many go in and delete anything simconnect.  Not good...  It's built into the P3D, FSX, and FSX-SE installers.  EDIT:  See you stated you "deleted" it; I mentioned uinstall and some recommended uninstalling and reinstalling above.

Make sure you have the latest P3Dv4 Hotfix as it fixed an issue related to  "flag simconnect_client_data_period_on_set not working with simconnect_requestclientdata.  I'm sure you do have the latest hotfix but wanted to mention it to make sure."  The latest is 4.0.28.21686.

If you had any other version installed before you installed the latest version, you should have uninstalled the old version first or downloaded and installed the update (have to have version 1.6.8 or higher installed).

Error code 0x800736b3 indicates that the Component Store in Windows 10 (or Windows 7) is corrupted. It corresponds to the text message ERROR_SXS_ASSEMBLY_NOT_FOUND.  In your case that's Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll.  As others have stated, you should install ESPv1, FSX-RTM, FSX-SP1, and FSX-SP2-XPACK in the order as stated.  That might restore the missing component as it is in the 'Managed' folder of each of the legacy SimConnects.  

You must have Microsoft.net 4.0 installed.  Make sure you do - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2698555/microsoft--net-framework-repair-tool-is-available

Make sure P3DV4 is set up to run with Admin Privileges (go to P3D.exe, right click, select Properties, click on Compatibility tab, look all the way down and click on Change Settings for all users, look all the way down on the next tab and make sure it states to run this program as an administrator.

My recommendation is to restore your system back before you installed AiviaSoftEFB (maybe even earlier).  That would be easier than uninstalling the P3D Client and then reinstalling.  Install the legacy simconnect components as stated above. Make sure Microsoft.net is installed.  Reinstall AiviaSoftEFB w/Admin Privileges.  The AivlaSoftEFB is fully compatible with P3Dv4.  When it installs the program, you should have to do nothing.  It will set up a simconnect.xml and simconnect.cfg (if not already there).  You have to do nothing.  Just sit back and enjoy the installation and enjoy a glass of water. :biggrin:  You should have v1.6.13 released on 24 August 2017 - http://www.aivlasoft.com/download/index.html.  It should be like ActiveSky16 that installs simconnect for their program and does not require your intervention.  If it does not do that, then it is not compatible with P3DV4.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi,

this error message is coming from the .Net framework (=managed code). It is telling you, that the Aivlasoft EFB DataProvider exe cannot access the SimConnect DLL that is was compiled with. So you are actually running an EFB client that was compiled for FSX and not for P3D.

The reason for this error message is, that this DLL is not (or no longer) referenced in the GAC on your computer. Instead of installing additional versions of SimConnect clients, I suggest that you locate that file and copy it into the same folder where the Avilasoft EFB exe is (C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\*). If the DLL is there, the program should find it first, before even looking into the GAC.

In P3D V4 it can be found here:

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\managed

Or you get a P3D V4 compatible build of the Avilasoft EFB - I think that there is one out already.

Edit: there is a compatible version 1.6.13 on the Aivlasoft site from 24th of August 2017.

Best regards

LORBY-SI