Sign in to follow this  
A32xx

Restore FSW to default

I've experimented with several scenery add-ons and found that they all work, even some which I didn't expect to did!

So now it's time to restore FSW to default so that I can give honest and accurate feedback on Dovetail's future updates.

I've done this by opening my Steam account and navigating to my Flight Sim World\Properties tab, then selecting "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..." as shown below:

y4mUPE9qgeeRzi2J9X6U3A4cc62tHuaLWi6VwBI3

No add-on files were deleted! Only the Scenery.CFG, terrain.cfg, and the default aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg files have been overwritten, and I have my modded cfg's backed up anyway. My FSX AI files are all intact and still working. I think this is very generous of DTG and demonstrates a genuine spirit of co-operation, thank you to everyone at DTG.

• Upvote 1

I'm not ready for that yet still kicking the tyres and a new GPU going in this week running it in for a new build later in the year, I'm using an MSI 960 at the moment OC`ed it today pushed it up to ultra in FSW and it still run smooth just can`t break it.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Way to go, Ray! I have a GTX750 Ti 2Gb, but I'm drooling over a GTX1050 Ti 4Gb for the very near future... I've just satisfied my curiosity about FSW compatible add-ons for now and found that if you back up your .cfg files, you won't lose anything by reverting to the default setup - which took less than 15 minutes through Steam, it couldn't have been easier!

6 hours ago, A32xx said:

I have a GTX750 Ti 2Gb, but I'm drooling over a GTX1050 Ti 4Gb for the very near future...

I have similar GTX750 Ti, but I am looking at going for GTX1070 for my new rig which I am planning to get before the end of the year. My brother has a GTX1070 with 8GB, and based on what he told me, FSW was occasionally taking up as much as 4.7GB of video memory. So it might, especially with future updates in mind, be better to go for more than 4GB if possible.

Hi. I have the same GTX 750 Ti 2GB. I tried many packages and I believe all of them worked too and FSW is now full of mods. Will put it back to original too.

Running Ultra scenery take a tool on the fps. Setting  weather and traffic to low will gain some fps.

The last thing I was adding is mesh, but it makes FSW heavier for my system.

Did you try any vector based pack ?

Marcelo

last night I ran a flight around Istanbul all on ultra but with a heavy thunder storm but did get CTD just after take off, but in the post is a MSI 8gb 1080+ GAMER PLUS  in place of my MSI GTX960 2gb, this to test bed it as it will be part of my new build later this year, I'm still waiting to see the latest CPU`s and motherboards released, but I still may go with ASUS FORMULA motherboard and a i7 7700k as they may well drop in price later this year.

The fact I can run FSW on a GPU bellow min specs with only 2GB ram is surprising.

Yes I have global VECTOR installed in FSW  I have some screenshots on steam FPS 40-100 , os win 10 set on performance all but essential services switched off in background tweaking.  

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Surprised you got a CTD Ray. I reinstalled FSX and got a graphics meltdown in NYC with it but my FSW never stuttered with the same scenery (Drzewiecki NYC X) . It is a lot more stable IMHO.