Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Ultimate Traffic Live - Livery Removal

Thanks to those that recommended UTL over the weekend.  For what I am looking for, it add exactly what I want.  My one question is, I was told some of the liveries are not up to date.  From where I fly, I only noticed United and Delta having the old liveries.  However, they also have the current.  Is there a reason for that?  Am I able to remove the old ones so that just the new ones get input into the sim?  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

You can use another aircraft/repaint in their place.  Do you have any other AI aircraft installed such as FAIB, AIA, etc?  I was doing my own AI traffic for a while using the AIFP tool so I have tons of AI aircraft/repaints already downloaded.  You can use the UTL interface to easily replace/swap the outdated aircraft with AI aircraft/repaints of your choice.  You are not just placing a new livery on a UTL aircraft, you are actually replacing the entire AI model. The reason you see both old and new liveries is that they use different AI models in UTL. Some had the new repaints, others did not.  I also purchased some of the new FSPX AI aircraft (777, A380, etc).  Although payware, they are very nice!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

You can use another aircraft/repaint in their place.  Do you have any other AI aircraft installed such as FAIB, AIA, etc?  I was doing my own AI traffic for a while using the AIFP tool so I have tons of AI aircraft/repaints already downloaded.  You can use the UTL interface to easily replace/swap the outdated aircraft with AI aircraft/repaints of your choice.  You are not just placing a new livery on a UTL aircraft, you are actually replacing the entire AI model. The reason you see both old and new liveries is that they use different AI models in UTL. Some had the new repaints, others did not.  I also purchased some of the new FSPX AI aircraft (777, A380, etc).  Although payware, they are very nice!

Thanks.  I will look into this.  I have not heard of FAIB, AIA, etc.  Do you have a recommendation on one over the others?  Is it easy to install?  Where do I find these?  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

2 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Am I able to remove the old ones so that just the new ones get input into the sim?  Thanks!

Just go into the UI and deselect the old paints and you're done. No need to import new models and paints. Takes a few minutes.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Just go into the UI and deselect the old paints and you're done. No need to import new models and paints. Takes a few minutes.

UI?  Do you mean the UTL icon that opens the menu?  I didn't see anything to remove the old paints.  Can you clarify?  Thanks

16 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

UI?  Do you mean the UTL icon that opens the menu?  I didn't see anything to remove the old paints.  Can you clarify?  Thanks

Yes, the UI is the User Interface that opens up where you control all the functions of UTL. 

In one of the menus you can load up the airlines and it will display which models and paints they use and you can either eliminate paints you don't want and even eliminate models or assign other models/paints.

If you can't find it in the UI, you'll have to open the instructions that come with it and read them to see where that menu is. It's pretty user friendly so you should be able to figure it out easily.

Btw, make sure P3D is not running when making changes to UTL in the UI.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Also, search the UTL forum for additional information. One of the topics was fairly detailed instructions for replacing paints. I'd send you a link but my 9 wk old baby is crying.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

Also, search the UTL forum for additional information. One of the topics was fairly detailed instructions for replacing paints. I'd send you a link but my 9 wk old baby is crying.

Sounds good. Thanks.  We are expecting our first in November so I'm sure my days of crying babies are right around the corner!

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

Sounds good. Thanks.  We are expecting our first in November so I'm sure my days of crying babies are right around the corner!

Congrats. Get all of your tweaking out of the way now, because you'll be lucky to get a flight in after he/she is born. Its next to impossible and I have a wife that accepts my FS addiction.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Just now, duckbilled said:

Congrats. Get all of your tweaking out of the way now, because you'll be lucky to get a flight in after he/she is born. Its next to impossible and I have a wife that accepts my FS addiction.

Haha.. same here... my wife is supportive of my sim but I am trying to pack it in while I can!  Thanks

On 8/28/2017 at 6:07 PM, cmpbellsjc said:

Yes, the UI is the User Interface that opens up where you control all the functions of UTL. 

In one of the menus you can load up the airlines and it will display which models and paints they use and you can either eliminate paints you don't want and even eliminate models or assign other models/paints.

If you can't find it in the UI, you'll have to open the instructions that come with it and read them to see where that menu is. It's pretty user friendly so you should be able to figure it out easily.

Btw, make sure P3D is not running when making changes to UTL in the UI.

Where do you see the paints?  I only see operator, carrier, and equipment. I don't see anything that specifies livery.  Thanks