Sign in to follow this  
RXP

Reality XP GNS V2 for Prepar3d/FlightSim Released!

Well this is good and bad. Good that it's finally been updated, bad that I missed the discount date thanks to Hurricane Irma and no Internet.

Looks like I'm sticking with the GTN twins....

Looks good though 

6 hours ago, marvic said:

I cannot justify another $100 U.S  for your product. 

Actually it is more 49.95$ for either the GNS 530W V2 or the GNS 430W V2. You can spread your expenses over two months as well, which let you enjoy the unique Reality XP GNS V2 now.

It is the only GNS simulation product available with Trainer 3.3, task-oriented panel.cfg assistant, TCAD, Crossfill etc...

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

4 hours ago, SirStiggie said:

bad that I missed the discount date thanks to Hurricane Irma and no Internet.

We've got a number of similar requests, and although we wanted to extend the coupon, we've missed to reflect the changes on our webpage in time.

Du to popular demand, the coupon is now extended until Sep 30th 2017!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

47 minutes ago, RXP said:

We've got a number of similar requests, and although we wanted to extend the coupon, we've missed to reflect the changes on our webpage in time.

Du to popular demand, the coupon is now extended until Sep 30th 2017!

Sweet! Purchasing shortly.

Thanks for the extension.

Not to be a crybaby but I went back through my purchase history at F1 and I saw that I paid for a rxp 530 at least twice and I also purchased the 430.  I can't see the justification for having to pay another $100 for the same units again, 10% discount or not.  Something just feels wrong here.  I owned every rxp product for FS9 and FSX.

LouP

Edited by RXP

You have paid for fs9, for fsx and for P3D now, there are different versions of the same product, like the rxp gns and you have paid each time.

So why not doing the same with the gns ?

• Upvote 1

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

Hi Loup,

Let me the opportunity to change your mind about the GNS V2!

GNS V2 not only includes capabilities once available only with the 'Professional Expansion Pack', it also offers new unique features at no additional cost.

Let me highlight some of its amazing and distinctive features:

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 fundamentally look and feel like the authentic device, which provides accurate symbology depiction, authentic and timely operating behaviour and helps develop correct muscle memory.

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 is a faithful reproduction that pilots and flight simulator users can use it as a training tool to familiarize themselves with the workings of the actual equipment. Like its real world counterpart, the RXP GNS 530W/430W has built-in WAAS navigation capabilities, and is capable to fly LPV “glideslope” approaches without reference to ground-based navaids of any kind.

The provision of the integrated communication and navigation radios in the unit gives the extra capabilities of auto tuning and pre-fetching your navigation and approaches frequencies. And for panels already equipped with radios equipment, the GNS 530W V2 now includes the GPS 500 gauge, a radio-less version.

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 includes enhanced situational awareness capabilities and comes standard equipped with TAWS-B and TCAD. Providing visual and aural advisories to help keep pilots safely separated from hazardous terrain, the WAAS GPS position information is compared with the GNS 530W/430W units’ internal terrain/obstacles databases to determine conflict scenarios. If there is inadequate terrain and/or obstacle clearance ahead, based on the system’s projected flight path, TAWS caution and warning alerts are issued to you. Accompanying FLTA voice alerts also indicate the relative threat level.

In addition to terrain and obstacle alerting, the TAWS system also features voice callouts, or VCOs, which audibly announce the aircraft’s height above terrain when descending below 500 feet. VCO altitude callout operate in all TAWS modes,

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 includes the unique Crossfill feature which allows you to transfer a direct-to destination, the active flight plan including VNAV parameters, any stored flight plan or user waypoints to a second 400W or 500W device. If both units are set to automatic, a change in the active flight plan, or VNAV parameters, on one unit can also be seen in the other. Initiating a direct-to course to a waypoint on one unit also initiates a direct-to course to the same waypoint on the other unit.

With the simulation of both GPS failure and WAAS failure, users can practice degraded approaches scenario.

With the in-device capability to import and export flight plans to file, and to import user waypoints from file, it makes preparing and managing your device flight plans an easy task.

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 comes with a newer Garmin Trainer with software v3.3. It not only corrects software bugs and defects, but it also adds new features, among which the capability to use some of the  GTN database files (see below).

Last but not least, it is compatible with Prepar3d v4, v3, v2, v1, FSX-SE, FSX-ACC/SP2, FS9-SP1 with a single purchase, and with Windows XP to Windows 10: you can be confident your Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 will be by your side whenever you feel it is time to upgrade your simulator or your operating system!

GNS 530W/430W XP is navigator's heaven! In short, there is simply no better GNS WAAS in any flight simulator, period. 

Thank you Jean Luc for clarifying and rectifying this issue as it seemed out of the norm from my experience with rxp in the past.  I have purchased literally every one of your products from the Apollo gps and forward and am looking forward to the 750 next.

Have a great day,

LouP

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, LouP said:

Not to be a crybaby but I went back through my purchase history at Flight one and I saw that I paid for a rxp 530 at least twice and I also purchased the 430.  I can't see the justification for having to pay another $100 for the same units again, 10% discount or not.  Something just feels wrong here.  I owned every rxp product for FS9 and FSX.

LouP

And if it's too much money, do like me, i bought the 530 this month and 430 will be for the next month, 1 licence is offering 2 unit, so i can wait my 430 with my two 530 on board :). (i prefer to have 530 +430 because together, they fill my second touchscreen monitor perfectly)

• Upvote 1

Hi, for those of you who wonder if the gns V2 also works on a somewhat older system, on mine it works fine! I run my sim on a dualcore intel processor 3.0 Ghz, 2 GB Nvidia GPU. 

Cheers

Sven

• Upvote 1

Hi Thawek, you might want to add a 'verb' otherwise I'm afraid I can't devise your question?!

I have been a long-time, satisfied user of the original RXP 530.  I use it within FSX in combination with the Carenado Seneca V and the Flight1 Aspen gauge pack.  This combination has done a nice job of emulating the actual setup in my Seneca, with only a few minor differences.  

I just purchased and upgraded to the latest 530 v2 and have begun testing.  My initial testing resulted in some weird problems, like not accurately tracking to a fix.   But after updating to a more current worldwide.bin file, that problem went away.  

But now I have another problem.  Officially speaking, the Aspen PFD is not able to fly an LPV approach.  That's the official answer.  The problem is that the Aspen PFD is not programmed to display the glideslope indicator when flying an RNAV approach.  It only appears when flying an ILS approach.  On the old version of the RXP 530, there was a very simple work-around.  If you simply changed the CDI on the ASPEN PFD from GPS to LOC1, the Glideslope would appear.  However, with the 530 V2, this workaround no longer functions.  In other words, even with the CDI set to LOC1, the glideslope indicator does not appear.  

Any ideas on what may have changed with the 530 V2 that caused this workaround to no longer function?  

Tom

Perhaps in "RealityXP.GNS.ini" file set LinkVor = true ?

or more simply by shift+right click on top GNS bezel to open option dialog and check "Connect GPS to VOR indicator"

(try other options too)

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, nirgal76 said:

Perhaps in "RealityXP.GNS.ini" file set LinkVor = true ?

or more simply by shift+right click on top GNS bezel to open option dialog and check "Connect GPS to VOR indicator"

(try other options too)

That did it, thank you for the suggestion.  Actually, while I was there, I set "Connect HSI/CRS output" and "Connect HSI/OBS Input" as well.  So somewhere in that combination, the glideslope is now appearing again.  Thank you!