Sign in to follow this  
teofilo

How to place GTN on 3D panel

Hi,

Good afternoon. 

How can I place the GTN on my aircraft? I want to edit the panel in Planemaker and put the GTN on top of the other XP default GPS.
How can I do it? I was looking for a manual to see how it's done but I can't find it.

Thanks,
Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi, you might want to follow this discussion:

This shall get you started.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi I tried to follow it but it just inserts the GTN750 inside the other GPS. The screen is tiny.
Any way to overlap over the other GPS? Should I remove it in Plane Maker and then add the GTN in that empty area?

I see it only fills the GNS430 screen but that's about it.

Can I overlap the buttons and everything from the other GPS and put the GTN750 on top with buttons and everything?

Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

In order to do this, you'd need to have a polygon in the panel which renders a rectangle out of the panel3d texture sheet. The user's manual guides you to replace any such existing rectangle (like the default GPS screen) with our GNS/GTN.

However, creating a polygon in the panel in order to display a plugin rendered surface is beyond the scope of the plugin: the X-Plane SDK does not offer a way for plugins to create and display 3D polygons, plugins can only re-use existing ones embedded in the model.

I've been discussing with Laminar's devs for them to consider this capability in their SDK in the future, and there are good ideas around, but they also have a lot to implement first.

Otherwise, you'd need to mod the aircraft model, and I think it is beyond plane maker and requires editing the model in a 3D modelling tool, like Blender or such. This is how Bluebell2 has made the C172 mod with dual GTN. You might want to get in touch with him directly?

Here is his most recent mod, Bell 429:

(PS: don't post you question on the "video" thread linked above, it is just for showcasing and providing download links if any)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)