Sign in to follow this  
Saucey12

AI Traffic

I know this topic has a history but much of it is dated and I would just like some updated opinions from the avsim users on here.  If I were to purchase AI traffic, which (UT2 or Traffic 360) would be best to have?  I do not have any freeware AI traffic yet.  Im going to start clean with a good payware option.  Ive researched it and I can find the most info on those two add-ons so I will probably go with one of the two.  

Thanks!

So you've read all these threads? The question comes literally all the time and the answers are the same each time. There is no best because it's subjective.

However between the two you listed, I'd take UT2. I use it as all and have used it since it originally came out.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've had ultimate traffic before and i didn't particularly like it as it quickly became out-dated. I honestly prefer freeware AI as you can add and remove packages as you please, so you can keep updating routes, airlines and their liveries. Also, on both Traffic360 and UT2, the quality of liveries are terrible because you have a team of developers rushing to get them finished, but with freeware, various people spend time on the airlines and liveries they like. 

However, if you persist on Payware, UT2 liveries look much better than Traffic360; Traffic360 doesn't even use the right fonts!

35 minutes ago, IvanFel said:

I use My Traffic 6.0 and i'm happy with it. 

I checked it out for the first time.  It does look great! Did you go in and remove the default FSX traffic first and then go install that program?

46 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

So you've read all these threads? The question comes literally all the time and the answers are the same each time. There is no best because it's subjective.

However between the two you listed, I'd take UT2. I use it as all and have used it since it originally came out.

Thank you sir.  And I know its out there.  But opinions changed over time with all that's available now :)  Let me ask you this:  You know how on the original default fsx traffic scenarios where atc will not properly space aircraft on final for approach, and there are numerous go-arounds because of that.  Do these AI traffic programs change any of that from happening? 

48 minutes ago, ShaunSAP said:

I've had ultimate traffic before and i didn't particularly like it as it quickly became out-dated. I honestly prefer freeware AI as you can add and remove packages as you please, so you can keep updating routes, airlines and their liveries. Also, on both Traffic360 and UT2, the quality of liveries are terrible because you have a team of developers rushing to get them finished, but with freeware, various people spend time on the airlines and liveries they like. 

However, if you persist on Payware, UT2 liveries look much better than Traffic360; Traffic360 doesn't even use the right fonts!

For sure not worth paying for something if the font's on the livery is jacked up!  Wow 

Traffic360 does not even have logo lights at night.

Mytraffic is the way to go

2 minutes ago, Glynn said:

Traffic360 does not even have logo lights at night.

Mytraffic is the way to go

On the sim market page it has a lot of reviews about installation problems.  Granted I know some of those are user error by not reading the instructions.  I just worry about me having Win10 and fsx-se.  What do you run MyTraffic with? 

I want you to understand that I mean no disrespect, none at all.  But I'm with the moderator, and far more than an upvote.  A new thread when there are several threads on the exact topic and with recent and great information?  I've posted in two of the recently (posted are dated).

It must be true... product documentation, forum searches and Google... the newest members of the Island of Misfit Toys (a.k.a.  Lonely and Unused).  ;)

Now I know it's easier to simply log in and post instead of spending time searching the forums and using Google (forums are indexed on Google), and anyone (and I mean ANYONE) who is being honest will admit that is why they do it, except maybe those who don't think about searching first.  But what people don't understand is that they are doing themselves a disservice by skipping the forum searches.  Why is this?  Because many of the very, very experienced users don't (won't) post in repeat threads, and isn't that who one would rather be hearing from?

Answers from anybody are fine, but consider the post above from someone recommending Traffic360.  He's likely never laid eyes on UTL, and may not even know it exists (this is theoretical and entirely non-personal, so it's not necessary to reply saying "yes I do/did", okay?  Oh, and I see plenty of posts about UT2, but none of UTL. That's a problem.

So we can create new posts without first searching the forum, and it certainly doesn't bother me.  But doing this can mean missing out on some very important information, and perhaps buying a product that isn't the best fit for someone.

So again, no disrespect at all intended. Just food for thought.

My very best wishes to everyone.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

18 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I want you to understand that I mean no disrespect, none at all.  But I'm with the moderator, and far more than an upvote.  A new thread when there are several threads on the exact topic and with recent and great information?  I've posted in two of the recently (posted are dated).

It must be true... product documentation, forum searches and Google... the newest members of the Island of Misfit Toys (a.k.a.  Lonely and Unused).  ;)

Now I know it's easier to simply log in and post instead of spending time searching the forums and using Google (forums are indexed on Google), and anyone (and I mean ANYONE) who is being honest will admit that is why they do it, except maybe those who don't think about searching first.  But what people don't understand is that they are doing themselves a disservice by skipping the forum searches.  Why is this?  Because many of the very, very experienced users don't (won't) post in repeat threads, and isn't that who one would rather be hearing from?

Answers from anybody are fine, but consider the post above from someone recommending Traffic360.  He's likely never laid eyes on UTL, and may not even know it exists (this is theoretical and entirely non-personal, so it's not necessary to reply saying "yes I do/did", okay?  Oh, and I see plenty of posts about UT2, but none of UTL. That's a problem.

So we can create new posts without first searching the forum, and it certainly doesn't bother me.  But doing this can mean missing out on some very important information, and perhaps buying a product that isn't the best fit for someone.

So again, no disrespect at all intended. Just food for thought.

My very best wishes to everyone.

Yea I watched a video of a user using UTL and some other reviews and it seemed great.  The only thing that sucks is how all the traffic piles up unrealistically close to one another causing a cluster on final.  That is probably how it is on most any of them unless you set the traffic density really low. They all kinda seem to have the same pros and cons so I dont know which to chose, ive spent the better part of the afternoon reading and looking. 

2 minutes ago, Saucey12 said:

Yea I watched a video of a user using UTL and some other reviews and it seemed great.  The only thing that sucks is how all the traffic piles up unrealistically close to one another causing a cluster on final.  That is probably how it is on most any of them unless you set the traffic density really low. They all kinda seem to have the same pros and cons so I dont know which to chose, ive spent the better part of the afternoon reading and looking. 

I actually haven't seen that problem, however the only time I run AI traffic is for making promotional videos. I use UTL for the models on VATSIM.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

52 minutes ago, Saucey12 said:

Thank you sir.  And I know its out there.  But opinions changed over time with all that's available now :) 

With all due respect, the payware AI packages available now are essentially the same AI packages that have been available for the last 7 to 10 years. Since they are fairly static products being used in a basically static platform, not much has changed in either the products themselves or the platform, except for maybe some minor hotfixes or patches along the way.

Having said that, the options posted now will basically be the same as they were in the posts you've already read. Their will always be advocates pushing their favorite AI package and quickly pointing out the faults of the other packages. Hence the reason I said there is no best because it's so subjective, just like all the posts that ask "What is the best weather program?"

52 minutes ago, Saucey12 said:

You know how on the original default fsx traffic scenarios where atc will not properly space aircraft on final for approach, and there are numerous go-arounds because of that.  Do these AI traffic programs change any of that from happening? 

No, but there are freeware programs available for spacing and flying departures and arrivals.

UT2 that you asked about has a built in traffic zapper that you can use if your being overtaken or are overtaking another AI on approach to clear it out of your way.

8 minutes ago, Saucey12 said:

They all kinda seem to have the same pros and cons so I dont know which to chose, ive spent the better part of the afternoon reading and looking. 

If it helps, Flight1 has a 30 money back guarantee, so if you buy either UT2 or UTL, you can get a refund if you don't like it.

One good thing about the Ulitimate Traffic series is that it comes with built in tools to set your Traffic levels live in game, traffic zapper, built in spawn distance controls over AI, max number of AI to spawn at once, etc. Some of these tools are also available freeware to use with other traffic packs but it's nice to get it all built into one package.

3 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

If it helps, Flight1 has a 30 money back guarantee, so if you buy either UT2 or UTL, you can get a refund if you don't like it.

One good thing about the Ulitimate Traffic series is that it comes with built in tools to set your Traffic levels live in game, traffic zapper, built in spawn distance controls over AI, max number of AI to spawn at once, etc. Some of these tools are also available freeware to use with other traffic packs but it's nice to get it all built into one package.

Yea the hole "zapping" thing is pretty convenient haha, What do you run?