Sign in to follow this  
vector

Good value for money!

After 11 years of constant use my CH Products yoke decided to call it a day this evening.  Now that's what I call good value for money!

Dijvid

I had the Microsoft Sidewinder joystick for 9 or 10 years before it called it quits about 3 years ago. That was another good value for the money.

I've still got my Sidewinder but, being a purist, I don't use it now as the only aircraft I fly is one which has a yoke in real life.  But if I ever decided to fly a Cub again ....!

Dijvid

On 8/28/2017 at 4:01 PM, vector said:

After 11 years of constant use my CH Products yoke decided to call it a day this evening.  Now that's what I call good value for money!

Dijvid

Yes, that's pretty good.

I've had a Saitek X52 that lasted since 2008 and has been slowly failing over the past year. Some buttons started to not work anymore which left me reassigning functions to other buttons until those button stopped working. Eventually I only had a few functional buttons left and said that's it.

I just moved on and got the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. Couldn't be happier with it so far. Nice sturdy metal construction, heavy base and nice feel. Got it for $150 off regular price. Hopefully it will last me the next 15 years of simming.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I bought a second hand Microsoft force feedback 2 stick and added FSforce software. Built like a tank and released in 1998 and still performs flawlessly

ZORAN

I'm almost afraid to jinx myself by saying this, but my CH Pro Pedals have worked perfectly with constant use (and abuse) for something like 10 years!!!

I haven't had quite so much luck with my Saitek products but am currently getting by with the X55 stick and X52 throttle - with the same problem described above of a gradual loss of functions with some buttons. The X52 is probably around ten years old also - but the X55 throttle died after only a couple of years though the stick continues to work flawlessly