Sign in to follow this  
DavidP

Install Fail

Hi, obviously the wrong gauge was replaced, otherwise the correct gauge was replaced but with the wrong coordinates.

I'd suggest you:

1) open the assistant and select 'Restore' to revert your panel.cfg to its previous state.

2) tell us what gauges where displayed, what options you've chosen when trying to change the original gauge.

3) eventually if you feel comfortable, a copy in this thread of the virtual cockpit section in the panel.cfg where the gauge is referenced.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for your help.

These are images of the steps and selections taken in the wizard. It is the default setup with the default GNS which I want to replace:

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

The modified VC section of panel config reads:

[VCockpit01]
size_mm=1024,1024
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$RAS_Duke_CFG
background_color=1,1,1

gauge01=Config!Options, 1020, 1023, 1, 1
gauge02=Config!RealView, 1021, 1023, 1, 1
gauge03=RASDuke!InitVars, 1022, 1023, 1, 1
gauge04=RASDuke!1hzCode, 1023, 1023, 1, 1
gauge05=RASDuke!2hzCode, 1024, 1023, 1, 1
gauge06=RASDuke!18hzCode, 1025, 1023, 1, 1
gauge07=Config!AdfDip, 1026, 1023, 1, 1

gauge08=RASDuke!NavCom1, 1, 2, 509, 61
gauge09=RASDuke!NavCom2, 1, 64, 509, 61
gauge10=RASDuke!ADF, 4, 127, 332, 49
gauge11=RASDuke!Xpndr, 7, 243, 305, 57
gauge12=RASDuke!Autopilot, 5, 177, 292, 62
gauge13=RASDuke!DME, 4, 305, 256, 46
gauge14=RASDuke!Annunciator, 886,131,137,262
gauge15=RASDuke!KA285_Annun, 512,2,337,108

// ===============================================================================
// IMPORTANT - 'gauge19'. 'gauge20, 'gauge21', and 'gauge22' BELOW CAN BE OVERWRITTEN
// BY THE CONFIG PANEL. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN MANUALLY EDITING THIS FILE
// IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE GPS ENTRIES AND DON'T WANT THEM OVERWRITTEN IN ANY
// CIRCUMSTANCE THEN CHANGE THE GAUGE NUMBERS. EG - CHANGE 'gauge 19' TO 'gauge22'
// ===============================================================================

gauge19=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1, 1, 0,607,590
gauge20=RASDuke!Blank, 0, 0, 1, 1

gauge21=RASDuke_Sound!Sound, 1,1,2,2,./SimObjects/Airplanes/RealAir Duke B60 V2/Panel/Sound/RASDuke_Sound.ini
gauge22=RASDuke!Sound_Manager, 1,1,3,3

gauge23=RASDuke!Pressurisation, 1024, 1023, 1, 1

I understand if the aircraft isn't compatible at all - thanks again for your help.

David

David Porrett

Well, at least from the look of it, the assistant has correctly detected the gauge and just replaced it as-is (same coordinates, same size).

I'd guess the original panel [VCockpit01] read:

gauge19=fs9gps!RAS_gps_500,0,0,607,589 

isn't it?

If so, fs9gps is the standard FS gps gauge in XML (.cab) and I'd guess the duke comes with a modified version of it. Which leads to a simple question: is the size in the VC section of the panel.cfg (607x589) the correct size for the gauge in the cab file? It is also possible they have coded they aircraft so as to have the VC GNS screen lit up only if they original gauge is present, in which case, I'd guess 'adding' instead of 'replacing' our GNS V2 gauge would solve the issue, provided you 'hide' the original someway (with a 1x1 size in the lower right corner like so: fs9gps!RAS_gps_500,1023,1023,1,1 )

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

My antivirus detected a Trojan with the installer.  The install appeared to finish but the gauge does not turn on 

Filename: rxpfsxmledit.exe
Threat name: Trojan.Gen.8!cloudFull Path: c:\program files (x86)\reality xp\gns simulation\fltsim\rxpfsxmledit.exe

On computers as of 
8/28/2017 at 6:50:46 PM

Last Used 
8/28/2017 at 6:50:46 PM

Startup Item 
No

Launched 
No

Threat type: Heuristic Virus. Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics.

rxpfsxmledit.exe Threat name: Trojan.Gen.8!cloud
Locate

1 minute ago, RXP said:

I'd guess the original panel [VCockpit01] read:

gauge19=fs9gps!RAS_gps_500,0,0,607,589 

isn't it?

Interesting, the original is:

gauge19=fs9gps!RAS_gps_500, 1, 607, 502, 416

If I change the coordinates to be exactly the same, this is the result:

GNS530

David Porrett

Thank you for the report. It is obviously a false positive but we'll update this tool right away and re-package the installer. This is one of our helper program which permits adding and removing our GNS V2 menu in the dll.xml file.

I'm using it with the Carenado Shrike COmmander/ P3D v4

Install completed (had the xml file issue described above) and I was able to add the new GNS 530 to the panel and pop-up

However, the GNS will not turn on.  Clicking the on switch on the Vcockpit I can see something happens to the screen (another less dark screen appears) but the GPS does not come online

I know this is new and am willing to help troubleshoot

Thanks

Dude, you're hijacking this thread a bit - if you have a different problem how about opening a new thread?

David Porrett

2 minutes ago, Pgdavis2 said:

You're right sorry!  I started a new thread. 

Thanks, it's just a bit hard to keep track when 2 separate conversations are going on. :wink:

David Porrett

1 hour ago, DavidP said:

Thanks for your help.

These are images of the steps and selections taken in the wizard. It is the default setup with the default GNS which I want to replace:

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

The modified VC section of panel config reads:

[VCockpit01]

gauge19=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1, 1, 0,607,590

I understand if the aircraft isn't compatible at all - thanks again for your help.

David

Try:

gauge19=rxpGNS2!GPS_500_1, 50, 660, 360, 240,VC_settings

and in the RealityXP.GNS.ini file, add:

[GPS_500_1.VC_Settings]
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = true

Bert

Thank you Bert!

In the meantime, we keep investigating what the assistant is doing with this panel co-ordinates and I hope this would be an easy fix.

Sure enough, the assistant is craving for chewing more panel.cfg and improve itself overtime!

Thanks Bert! That has atleast got the panel looking right - one wonders how the original RXP GNS's were integrated into the VC with full button functionality etc. Out of my area of expertise I'm afraid. Config settings?

David Porrett

14 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Thanks Bert! That has atleast got the panel looking right - one wonders how the original RXP GNS's were integrated into the VC with full button functionality etc. Out of my area of expertise I'm afraid. Config settings?

Read my Piston Duke integration topic in this forum.. :happy:

Bert