Sign in to follow this  
loganbrooks25

Panel Path is empty error

7 hours ago, RXP said:

In addition, can you please confirm your V4 prepar3d.exe and panels.dll file version is  4.0.28.21686 ? 

Do you have any other active add-ons and if so, can you please try disabling them and see if the problem is an interaction between add-ons which makes it fail?

When I do shift + right click I can confirm I get the menu pop up. I never upgraded the the latest patch so am sitting one version down at the moment, I am downloading the new patch now, would this likely to be have causing it?

Will keep you updated. 

Yes it is the reason, because the assistant refuses to open below this particular version. Nevertheless, can you please let me know your P3D 4 version? Is this 4.0.23.21468 ?

I'll make sure to add it in the assistant fix we're working on right now!

However, it won't be considered a 'compatible' version for our product, it will be just for the assistant. We'll make sure our rxpGNS2.gau.log file also tells you if this is the case. In this case, "compatible" means it might not be entirely working (some GNS2 features not working if running an unsupported version).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

16 minutes ago, RXP said:

Yes it is the reason, because the assistant refuses to open below this particular version. Nevertheless, can you please let me know your P3D 4 version? Is this 4.0.23.21468 ?

I'll make sure to add it in the assistant fix we're working on right now!

However, it won't be considered a 'compatible' version for our product, it will be just for the assistant. We'll make sure our rxpGNS2.gau.log file also tells you if this is the case. In this case, "compatible" means it might not be entirely working (some GNS2 features not working if running an unsupported version).

Yes! Finally we are narrowing this down. Have just started downloading the full new version, will be a couple of hours before I can confirm it is fixed. And yes that version is correct you stated. 

I'm sure this will work with the latest P3D4 version! Thank you for your patience!

And the latest 4.0.28.21686 is much better!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

2 hours ago, RXP said:

I'm sure this will work with the latest P3D4 version! Thank you for your patience!

And the latest 4.0.28.21686 is much better!

Great news, installed the latest version of P3D, works like a charm.

For those who had the same issue it is IMPORTANT to update your simulator to the latest version (P3D v4 4.0.28.21686), that fixed my issue straight away.

In another note, unsure if anyone else has this issue, every time I end the simulator session, if I was using the RXP 430, the simulator never closes, just hangs in a frozen state, have to force close via task manager. May just be me, but happens on a fresh install. 

This is great news, I'm glad it is now working!

As for when shutting down the simulator, another customer has reported something similar. We'll have a close look at this but in the meantime, can you confirm the "trainer process" at least closes correctly when switching aircraft? 

35 minutes ago, RXP said:

This is great news, I'm glad it is now working!

As for when shutting down the simulator, another customer has reported something similar. We'll have a close look at this but in the meantime, can you confirm the "trainer process" at least closes correctly when switching aircraft? 

Just noticed now when trying to change aircraft in game from RXP 430 aircraft to a non RXP aircraft it also crashes, and the process stays open. 

Do you have any other add-on enabled? What about trying with the other add-ons disabled? 

On 8/30/2017 at 1:59 PM, RXP said:

Do you have any other add-on enabled? What about trying with the other add-ons disabled? 

I have completed a few flights with this to be sure how it performs. For the crashing on exit, it appears it does close the application, eventually after a few minutes, does get in a non responsive mode though. 

Other things to note, now a few times into a training flight P3D freezes and crashes and when looking at the event viewer for cause it shows that the GNS530 applicaton crashes twice and P3D shows the faulting module was (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll) [Edit: Did some research into this, appears may be to do with NVIDIA drivers, have rolled back the drivers, see if this will fix, may be unrelated to the GPS]

Unsure if this is related to the GPS but never had crashes like this before. Also performance seems to be somewhat impacted at times, I could always get a constant 60 fps for how I set it up, but with using the GPS it usually sits on 60 but for some moments it drops down to 30 randomly for a few seconds, again this never happened with the GPS. I do use FSUIPC and Active Sky addons but before they were installed the GPS acted this way, so I dont think they are interfering.

This is the information event viewer gave:

Faulting application name: G530SIM.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4bff0a69
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0x38d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d322dd4a3a0497
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GNS Trainer\GNS\G530SIM.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 5e5d3495-f2c8-415c-93cf-802562a295bc
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

This occured 6 times within 15 minutes in the previous session, the GPS doesnt actually crash in the sim, but at the same time either the sim freezes and crashed or freezes then fixes itself. And in the latest crash this is what rxpgnssim.dll.log recorded, but may be due to the unrelated driver problem:

17/09/01 04:37:46.631 11340 -    ] # rxpGnsSim64.dll version 2.3.0.0
17/09/01 05:07:07.690 05420 INFO ] G430.1 host application exited unexpectedly.
17/09/01 05:07:07.690 03052 INFO ] G430.2 host application exited unexpectedly.
17/09/01 05:07:25.791 03052 INFO ] self-terminating orphaned G430.2
17/09/01 05:07:25.832 05420 INFO ] self-terminating orphaned G430.1

Otherwise it is an amazing product, really enjoying it, exactly the same as the real world, just a shame it crashes the program halfway through a training flight sometimes. 

Edited by loganbrooks25

This is peculiar and I'm starting to wonder if this is a P3D4 issue of some sort. The latest P3D4 is a hot fix release, and there might still be a few bugs affecting our product.

Although none of our X-Plane customers are reporting any issue when closing the simulator, or changing aircraft, a few of our Flight Sim customers are reporting this kind of issue, which makes me wonder, especially since the general startup/shutdown code is the same in our two implementations.

With your help, we can try finding out what is really causing this though.

Can you first please let me know how do you typically start and end a flight? 

For example:

1) launch P3D4, select a favourite situation file (pre-saved)

2) or free flight + select aircraft + select location. 

3) flying (obviously!)

4) closing the window or selecting menu / quit, or pressing SHIFT + F4 or whatever you do?

Maybe there is a particular sequence which makes P3D4 not telling our gauge it is closing?