Sign in to follow this  
bbuckley

Install hung up...

Went though entire process but after selecting components to install (FSX and P3D v4) the screen for "Installing Please wait... (FltSim)" with a progress bar appears but after 14 mins there is no progress shown and screen seems hung.  Pressing "Cancel" does nothing.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Can you please cross check your antivirus in case it has quarantined a file during the installation and makes the installer hang?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

No quarantined files.  Turned off all AV.  I terminated install using Task Mgr, then re-initiated using the .exe and it seemed to install.

I tried installing the rxpGNS430 v2 into the A2A C172R which I had already installed the original rxpGNS430.  From the menu it asked to selct install options for the 430 and vcockpit02 windows and I selected GNS430 1 from the dropdown for both.  It initially seemed to install OK but now I keep getting G530SIM has stopped working error messages...  I haven't tried P3Dv4 yet.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

You might want to "Restore" the panel with the assistant, then on a standard A2A panel (not one for our old GNS if I understand this is what you did), try adding GNS V2 as popup windows and see if this works. It might be their config for the old GNS is using some special 'tricks' which make the GNS V2 fail somehow, or it might also be there are some leftovers in the panel.cfg for the older GNS and both the old and V2 try to open their trainers at the same time?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I resolved by uninstalling then re-installing and this time only installed the P3Dv4 files.  Then I moved the GNS trainer folder to the P3DV4 disk and changed the Environment variables.  I've now installed into the P3DV4 Carenado A36 dual 430s and a pop up into the Carenado Phenom 100.  I still get G530SIM has stopped unexpectedly errors every time I close P3D.

I'll start a new thread with another issue, but the problem from this thread is mostly solved.  Great work RXP?

Thanks

This is encouraging and this makes me wonder why/if moving the trainer on the other disk solve the issue. We have several X-Plane customers with dual or more disks (myself included) without any issue. This is quite puzzling! 

Nevertheless, is this message showing up in a popup message box, or in the rxpGnsSim.dll.log file?

Besides, can you please try something more: modify the RealityXP.GNS.ini file in the aircraft folder, say the Carenado A36, then add the following line in each [GNS_430_#] sections:

[GNS_430_1]
LogTrainer = 1

[GNS_430_2]
LogTrainer = 1

This will make the trainer append more log details to the rxpGnsSim.dll.log file which might help find out why it is 'crashing' when you are exiting the simulator.

5 hours ago, RXP said:

Nevertheless, is this message showing up in a popup message box, or in the rxpGnsSim.dll.log file?

As a popup message, and in fact P3D won't close thoroughly until I select "Close..." for both of the error messages.

The move of the trainer may not have been necessary, but I had both the GNS trainer lite and the 400W - 500W Trainer folders in the same c:\Garmin\ folder and didn't want to take a chance so I moved the GNS trainer to e:\ SSD where P3D resides. 

I'll mod the .ini tonight and report back.

6 hours ago, bbuckley said:

Great work RXP?

BTW, that was supposed to be: Great work RXP!  

Having both trainers under the same "Garmin" folder is not a problem. Another customer has just reported the same issue when closing the simulator. You might want to try disabling an other add-on and compare if this solves this issue (in case another add-on is interfering).

The only other add-ons are a few airport sceneries, ORBX stuff and FSUIPC5.  I am doing all this now without starting things like ASP4 etc.  I could disable the sceneries if needed but would prefer not until a last resort.

Here are the rxpGnsSim.dll.log and rxpGNS2.gau.log and also the Windows Event Viewer events from the last closing of P3Dv4.

Thank you for the detailed information. There is one error code in there which is very surprising.

Can you please try still without any other add-on than GNS V2?

In fact, the add-ons I'm talking about are all add-ons which load and run code in the sim, mostly what is invoked with the dll.xml file, and gauges. The former most likely can be disabled in the P3D manage add-on menu, the latter is not a problem if you try with a default aircraft using only default gauges.

Examples are FSUIPC, I think ORBX is also loading dlls into P3D.

Thank your for your help with this one!

I don't even know how to do that.  The P3Dv4 add-on menu only has the gns and two sceneries.  But I also have two other airports sceneries installed and a ton of ORBX stuff.  When I went to Lorby's add-on organizer just to view things I selected the coding error button on the other add-on tab and got this error for the gns add-on.xml (saved as a txt file for you).  Here is my P3Dv4 DLL.xml also as a txt file. Other than FSUIPC the only dll's are for Active Sky.  In all my trouble shooting I've been opening and closing P3D without AS running.

Several times now in troubleshooting, I've done something like turn off the avionics master switch in the aircraft and the gns goes off as it should (powered by avionics bus in options), but there doesn't seem to be anyway to get it turned back on.  The legacy rxpGNS v1 had a clickspot on the power button.  How do I power up if it powers down?  And I'm never sure if the blank gns screen is just power off or an application error.  I've had to re-install to get it started.  I've tried Use Simulator GPS Commands.

MODERATOR:  I feel like this topic has grown way past the subject.  Could you modify the subject to better reflect the discussion.  Suggest "Install hangs, G530SIM error on shutdown, gns Power on / off"

Thank you for the detailed info. We're still investigating and this helps.

The 'encoding' is correct with P3D4 AFAIK: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>"

Older P3D and FSX might not have been compatible with UTF8 and mostly use CP1252. The question is whether the tool you are using is genuinely detecting some of the characters in the file are not UTF8, or, is it just reporting it is not CP1252?

You might want to disable FSUIPC just for testing though.

Also: have you tried the "LogTrainer=" setting ? If set, output will be in rxpGnsSim.dll.log file only.

Yes LogTrainer = 1 is in each [GNS_430_#] section. But the log file still is only noting the audio failure.  

The G530SIM.exe stopping unexpectedly error only occurs when the trainer is shutting down. And in one airplane I installed only one 430 as a pop up and I alway get TWO G530SIM error messages. In another airplane I installed two 430s and if that airplane gets loaded, when I end P3D I always get FOUR error messages. And P3D won't complete shutdown until I close each error message. 

How do I power up the unit after a shutdown?

thanks for all your help. 

I have now gone one by one and disabled FSUIPC, the add-ons in the add-on menu and uninstalled ASP4.  Each time I still get the G530SIM.exe has stopped working error twice for each instance of the 430.  Each time the logs and Windows Event descriptions are the same as the ones I provided above.  The only thing I can guess is that there is some conflict with my FSX installation which has the legacy (v1) rxpgns installed along with the former Garmin trainer.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, bbuckley said:

Here are the rxpGnsSim.dll.log and rxpGNS2.gau.log and also the Windows Event Viewer events from the last closing of P3Dv4.

This error code is leading us to some directions we've been exploring since your first report. Please allow us some time to get to the bottom of it and come back with more information.

In the meantime, having two error messages probably means there are 2 trainers running. Could this be your panel.cfg is referring to 2 different GNS gauges products, i.e. there are some leftovers? Can you please review each line of your panel.cfg to make sure?

As long as there are no 2 different GNS trainers running, this shouldn't be a problem.