Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

VC panel integration sizing issue

Thank you Jean-Luc for updating the Garmins.

As you can see in the VC panel, the gauge size is too large. Popup is fine. All Alabeo and Carenado planes are like this. The A2A 172, 182 I had to use their panel_RXP_430.cfg file to get the 430 and 530 to appear right in the panel.

http://gbAj5B5.jpg

From the look of it, I think I know the issue and it is simple: the older and the newer GNS bezel dimensions are slightly different, and the older didn't have the "no bezel" option (excepted with the professional license).

So these aircraft VC must have been designed to 'placard' the old GNS somewhere so as to leave the screen at the correct 3D position on the panel. Obviously, the newest dimensions are different (more accurate to the real GNS) and there is a 'nobezel' option which come handy in these cases.

The thing you can do is select "manual" instead of "Same Width" and "Same Size". This lets you manually enter width and height! With a little trial and error, you'd find a more accurate equivalent size for the GNS V2 until third party vendors catch up and update their config files!

Having said this, if most third party aircraft are using a system where the panel.cfg file is pre-configured in a file, which is copied and renamed as panel.cfg in the panel folder when selecting the RXP option, I guess we can start opening a thread on this forum for customers to share their modified 3rd party vendor optional panel.cfg files for the new GNS V2?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you Jean-Luc

54 minutes ago, RXP said:

I guess we can start opening a thread on this forum for customers to share their modified 3rd party vendor optional panel.cfg files for the new GNS V2?

Good idea. Let me be the first contributor.

Here are the modified (new) values for Alabeo C177 highlighted in yellow. All 3D buttons work perfectly too.

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=513,513
texture=$Panel_1

gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1, -10,-5,533,387 

The original values: 0, 0,520,378

http://xG7sBlq.jpg

• Upvote 2