Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

RealAir Piston Duke with RXP GPS500

Thank you Jean-Luc! Looking forward to the update.

BTW, if you get some ghosting of the lettering on the GPS frame with the panel lights on, here is a way to fix it.

In the Texture folder:

-rename RAS_BK_radios2_L.dds by adding xx to the name

-make a copy of RAS_BK_radios2_RXP_L.dds and rename the copy to RAS_BK_radios2_L.dds

The panel will still say GNS530 instead of GPS500, but the ghosting will be gone.

Bert

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

BTW, if you get some ghosting of the lettering on the GPS frame with the panel lights on, here is a way to fix it.

In the Texture folder:

-rename RAS_BK_radios2_L.dds by adding xx to the name

-make a copy of RAS_BK_radios2_RXP_L.dds and rename the copy to RAS_BK_radios2_L.dds

The panel will still say GNS530 instead of GPS500, but the ghosting will be gone.

Thank you Bert for your help.

Didn't have any ghosting problems here.

I pretty much have all buttons working now except TERR.

Here is my final result

<Gauge Name="GPS 500 buttons" Version="1.0">
<!-- Trigger GPS 500 commands -->

<Element>
     <Select>
      <Value>

(L:mdlZoomOutButton,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_ZOOMOUT_BUTTON)
   0 (>L:mdlZoomOutButton,bool) }

(L:mdlZoomInButton,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_ZOOMIN_BUTTON)
   0 (>L:mdlZoomInButton,bool) }

(L:mdlDTOButton,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_DIRECTTO_BUTTON)
   0 (>L:mdlDTOButton,bool) }

(L:mdlNrstButton,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_NEAREST_BUTTON)
   0 (>L:mdlNrstButton,bool) }

(L:mdlEntButton,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_ENTER_BUTTON)
   0 (>L:mdlEntButton,bool) }

(L:mdlClrButLSingle,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON)
   0 (>L:mdlClrButLSingle,bool) }

(L:mdlMSGButton,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_MSG_BUTTON)
   0 (>L:mdlMSGButton,bool) }

(L:mdlBottomLeftKnob,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_PAGE_KNOB_DEC)
   0 (>L:mdlBottomLeftKnob,bool) }

(L:mdlBottomRightKnob,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_PAGE_KNOB_INC)
   0 (>L:mdlBottomRightKnob,bool) }

(L:mdlTopLeftKnob,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_GROUP_KNOB_DEC)
   0 (>L:mdlTopLeftKnob,bool) }

(L:mdlTopRightKnob,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_GROUP_KNOB_INC)
   0 (>L:mdlTopRightKnob,bool)  }

(L:mdlFPLButton,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_FLIGHTPLAN_BUTTON)
   0 (>L:mdlFPLButton,bool) }

(L:mdlPROCButton,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_PROCEDURE_BUTTON)
   0 (>L:mdlPROCButton,bool) }

(L:mdlOBSButton,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_OBS_BUTTON)
   0 (>L:mdlOBSButton,bool) }

(L:mdlMenuButton,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_MENU_BUTTON)
   0 (>L:mdlMenuButton,bool) }

</Value>
     </Select>
   </Element>
</Gauge>

One more improvement:

(L:mdlClrButLSingle,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON_DOWN)
   0 (>L:mdlClrButLSingle,bool) }

(L:mdlClrButLeave,bool) if{
   0 (>K:GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON_UP)
   0 (>L:mdlClrButLeave,bool) }

Now, you can clear all, by holding down the CLR button.

Bert

Thank you Bert, I'll add that. My Duke (favorite twin) is now up to date.:smile:

59 minutes ago, bills511 said:

Thank you Bert, I'll add that. My Duke (favorite twin) is now up to date.:smile:

Replaces the previous CLR line..  :happy:

Bert

Thanks for the hard work guys, works brilliantly. Hopefully the coming update can get the 530 bezel in place.

David Porrett

Just a quick word of thanks to Bert and bills511. I now have the piston Duke setup nicely with the correct button functionality and a nice 530 pop-up when I need it. Thanks for your work on the buttons, works really well. Looking forward to what the RXP update brings in the meantime.

The Duke's are by far the best GA aircraft in P3Dv4, amazingly so since they were never designed for the platform. I've looked at others (and wasted a bit of money I guess), but I still can't go past them.

Thanks again Bert & Bill for your work.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

One of my favorite planes also.

My B60 Duke has a GPS500 in the panel, and my Lancair and Turbine Duke, a GTN 750.

All three look authentic and work really well  :cool:

Another real favorite of mine, is the Baytower RV7 which now once again has an RXP GNS530 installed.  Great planes, all!  :happy:

Bert

3 hours ago, DavidP said:

Thanks again Bert & Bill for your work.

You're welcome David. I'd have to give Bert most of the credit for leading me in the right direction. I've never worked on xml files of that nature other than the add-on.xml files. So it was a learning experience for me.

BTW Not sure about the Piston Duke but the Turbine comes with a Config Panel. But every time you make a change and save it will overwrite any changes you made to the panel.cfg file. So you'll want to save your changes in a separate text file.

Edited by bills511

Does anyone have the Piston Duke with dual RXP v2 530/430 + crossfill?  I tried that and I get a screwed up panel...

Perhaps @bills511

40080234224_3beafaac27_o.jpgrxpv2_pistonBE60 by ryan b, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Does anyone have the Piston Duke with dual RXP v2 530/430 + crossfill?  I tried that and I get a screwed up panel.

Hi @ryanbatcund
Unfortunately I don't have the Piston. I would assume it comes with a configurator like the others. Does it include a GNS430 option? It looks like the RadioLayout.xml might have to be manually edited to include the 430. Now looking at my turbine RadioLayout.xml it does include the 430 but not in the configurator. OK. I just looked at the config.ini file. There is a [Radios] section and at the bottom; gps1.type=530 & gps2.type=430. I just edited it to show the 530 & 430. It now shows the 2 units in the configurator and use mouse to drag the units around. Have you tried that?
I am going to test now and see what happens....

That works for me in the Turbine. Just need to tweak the screen size and position a bit. Crossfill works also.

Spoiler

NC7rHrf.jpg

Edited by bills511
  • Upvote 1

Well I've got the config exe working (I think) and it will allow me to add the RXP units.  So I'm actually using the Realair 3d bezels for their old RXP GNS's.  I'm not trying to force the no bezel GNS530 v2 gauge into the default GPS500 bezel.

Here's the ini file  https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjumr9vh2ojwaf1/RealityXP.GNS.ini?dl=0

Here's the panel.cfg  https://www.dropbox.com/s/rppgg75bi9ga38l/PANEL.CFG?dl=0

Does anything look odd?  I mean, logically, this should be easy.  They built the piston for use with one or two GNS's - putting the v2 of the gauges shouldn't be an issue.  I must have done something wrong.

@RXP

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

31 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Well I've got the config exe working (I think) and it will allow me to add the RXP units.  So I'm actually using the Realair 3d bezels for their old RXP GNS's.  I'm not trying to force the no bezel GNS530 v2 gauge into the default GPS500 bezel.

Here's the ini file  https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjumr9vh2ojwaf1/RealityXP.GNS.ini?dl=0

Here's the panel.cfg  https://www.dropbox.com/s/rppgg75bi9ga38l/PANEL.CFG?dl=0

Does anything look odd?  I mean, logically, this should be easy.  They built the piston for use with one or two GNS's - putting the v2 of the gauges shouldn't be an issue.  I must have done something wrong.

@RXP

In the panel.cfg file the one thing that jumps out at me is there is no RadioLayout.xml entry under [VCockpit01] Mine: gauge03=Config!RadioLayout, 1027, 1023, 1, 1. Do you have a RadioLayout.xml in the Config folder? ...\Airplanes\RealAir Duke Turbine V2\panel\Config. I think this is necessary to display the units in the VC properly unless RealAir used a different method from the Turbine.

• Upvote 1

Same for me, and for everybody. F1 said it's an issue into the 3D model of the cockpit and nothing can be done.

So i use it with default GPS500 config and putting RXP530 inside, i don't use VC buttons  so i don't care.

• Like 1

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X