Sign in to follow this  
ninerwhiskey9W

How to add custom AI traffic to p3d v4

Hello,
This is my first foray into the world of AI traffic. Can somone point me to a guide or manual which explains how to proceed.

As I understand, only models made for FSX will work correctly with P3D4 ? 
So far, I've got the base models and repaints of a few airlines, schedules for selected airlines and AIFP. After installing the repaints into the base models manually by editing aircraft.cfg, I added them to AIFP. But when I added the flight plan to AIFP, it does not detect any of these aircraft. 

Do these aircraft need to be inside the P3D Aircraft root folder or can I have them is an independent location ? My P3D is installed in D:/Lockheed Martin/..... and my AI traffic files are in E:/MyTraffic/ with flightplans and textures and aircraft each in a separate folder.

How do I proceed to get the AI traffic up and running ? Also, is it possible to use a different aircraft for flights rather than the one mentioned in the FP ?

When you open the flight-plan in AIFP, the aircraft column is on the right. If the name of the aircraft is black, then it is assigned to that route. If there is a name of an aircraft in red, then that means it isn't assigned to that flight-plan yet so you do it manually. Right click and go for assign, then a menu will open up, search through and assign the relevant aircraft. You can nominate a substitute, for example assign a 787 instead of 767 as they are not compatible for P3Dv4 until the new models are released by FAIB. I keep my AI aircraft in my main  Aircraft folder, but don't think it is compulsory. There might be some more information about that on the AIG site. 

Ian S

38.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ian S said:

When you open the flight-plan in AIFP, the aircraft column is on the right. If the name of the aircraft is black, then it is assigned to that route. If there is a name of an aircraft in red, then that means it isn't assigned to that flight-plan yet so you do it manually. Right click and go for assign, then a menu will open up, search through and assign the relevant aircraft. You can nominate a substitute, for example assign a 787 instead of 767 as they are not compatible for P3Dv4 until the new models are released by FAIB. I keep my AI aircraft in my main  Aircraft folder, but don't think it is compulsory. There might be some more information about that on the AIG site. 

Thanks for the qucik reply. All the aircraft show up in red. I did post on AIG forums but still no response.

And when I click on the substitue button, It only shows me the aircraft in the default folder. I tried manually adding the aircraft before adding the flightplan, but as soon as I load the flight plan, they dissapear from the aricraft list.

Just now, ninerwhiskey9W said:

All the aircraft show up in red. I did post on AIG forums but still no response.

okay, just right click on the aircraft and choose the option to assign (or substitute) a list of all aircraft will come up, with a search facility at the bottom, locate the aircraft you want and click assign, once complete, click on compile flightplan at the bottom of AIFP. It will create a .bgl file, whcih you need to point to your scenery/world/scenery folder.

Ian S

38.jpg

Your P3D needs to know where your planes are as a first thing. So, navigate in your prepar3d.cfg to the section where the "simobjects" are listed and manually add the folder of your AI planes. Be aware that you have to give the full folder location if you do not have your AI planes within the simobjects folder of P3D.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Your P3D needs to know where your planes are as a first thing. So, navigate in your prepar3d.cfg to the section where the "simobjects" are listed and manually add the folder of your AI planes. Be aware that you have to give the full folder location if you do not have your AI planes within the simobjects folder of P3D.

I added the MyAircraft (Full folder location used) folder to the P3D Scenery Library and placed it above the global scenery layer, but still the aircraft doesnt show up in the AIFP list. I also have mytraffic6 installed for FSX, and when I select the list of Aircraft for FSX, all of those show up. I was hoping to use a central location so I didnt have to copy the planes and the textures twice for FSX and P3D.

The Aircraft folder is located in  E:/MyTraffic/Aircraft/.... I added this folder just above the global base layer, 3rd from the bottom. I also checked that the scenery.cfg has the correct values. 

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

okay, just right click on the aircraft and choose the option to assign (or substitute) a list of all aircraft will come up, with a search facility at the bottom, locate the aircraft you want and click assign, once complete, click on compile flightplan at the bottom of AIFP. It will create a .bgl file, whcih you need to point to your scenery/world/scenery folder.

I installed all the airbus aircraft inside the P3D simobjects folder and and the boeing aircraft in an external folder. The airbus planes show up in the default P3D aircraft list but when I open the flightplan.zip, none of the installed aircraft show up. I still have to add them manually. I saw a tutorial an AIFP tutorial on youtube in which you could download the repaint from within the AIFP program. I tried to do so, but the download button is greyed out. 

That's not what I am talking about. It is not like adding scenery, your Prepar3d must know where to look for your AI planes. You need to add the main folder of your AI planes in the prepar3d.cfg under [MAIN], such as:

SimObjectPaths.0=E:/MyTraffic/Aircraft/....

Or, alternatively, you write this instead of the prepar3d.cfg directly in the SimObjects.cfg. Both methods should work.

The only thing that is partially related with "scenery" is: the .bgl based traffic files must be added to scenery/world/scenery. But you do not need to add something to your scenery.cfg...

Maybe you should read some guide on how to add .bgl based AI traffic somewhere...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

11 minutes ago, AnkH said:

That's not what I am talking about. It is not like adding scenery, your Prepar3d must know where to look for your AI planes. You need to add the main folder of your AI planes in the prepar3d.cfg under [MAIN], such as:

SimObjectPaths.0=E:/MyTraffic/Aircraft/....

Or, alternatively, you write this instead of the prepar3d.cfg directly in the SimObjects.cfg. Both methods should work.

The only thing that is partially related with "scenery" is: the .bgl based traffic files must be added to scenery/world/scenery. But you do not need to add something to your scenery.cfg...

Maybe you should read some guide on how to add .bgl based AI traffic somewhere...

Yes. You're right. That should do it. I had to do that when I installed MyTraffic in FSX too. Thanks.