Sign in to follow this  
kityatyi

ACARS UTC DATE

Hello,

I noticed that the ACARS now has some functionality such as OOOI status and such. In the ACARS\PREFLIGHT menu, there is an UTC DATE entry field which is pre-filled by the following: ▯1000000

I am wondering what data/format does this particular field take. If I enter a long number I get an Invalid Entry message but if I enter let's say two digits then it changes to ▯▯ from the ▯1000000.

I can easily complete the other fields such as ETD UTC, ETE and AIRLINE ID. Not that it's essential but for the sake of fun I would love to know what data/format the UTC DATE field can accept.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I think, Zsolt, but don't know, that there's something in the works regarding ACARS, so I don't think the functions are usable just yet. I don't know anything about PMDG's plans, but I just have a feeling in my water that there will be more to come regarding ACARS.

I simply input the UTC Date. i.e. For a flight right now I would input 30, and it will display 30 in the field.

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

8 hours ago, xkoote said:

I simply input the UTC Date. i.e. For a flight right now I would input 30, and it will display 30 in the field.

Regards,

Yes, it does seem to accept two digit numbers. Thanks!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Want to hear something funny? Ever since I posted my reply, I have the same problem now. I enter the UTC date and it does not work. Gives me two squares :dry:

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

14 minutes ago, xkoote said:

Want to hear something funny? Ever since I posted my reply, I have the same problem now. I enter the UTC date and it does not work. Gives me two squares :dry:

Nevermind. I figured out that when the GPS date becomes available, it will no longer accept manual entry. If yo want to try it, inhibit GPS NAV in POS REF, then go back to ACARS. Now suddenly you can insert the date as stated before :-)

• Upvote 1

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

On 9/4/2017 at 8:48 PM, xkoote said:

Nevermind. I figured out that when the GPS date becomes available, it will no longer accept manual entry. If yo want to try it, inhibit GPS NAV in POS REF, then go back to ACARS. Now suddenly you can insert the date as stated before :-)

Interesting observation, will try!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi