Sign in to follow this  
BensonFSX

An outdated version of Prepar3D v3 has been detected while installing or updating 747 QOTSII

I tried to update my 747 QOTSII base package but installation fails with error "An outdated version of Prepar3D v3 has been detected." My Prepar3D installation is v.3.4 with HF3 (3.4.22.19868). I re-downloaded the Prepare3D and QOTSII setup packages and reinstalled Prepare3D today. But the Queen can't be installed anymore, even if I completely uninstall it before.

Do you have any idea what I can do?

Cheers, Falko

21 minutes ago, BensonFSX said:

Do you have any idea what I can do?

v3.4 should be the min.

Are you using any tools such as the Estonia Migration Tool? If so, remove it and clean up your registry.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

v3.4 should be the min.

Are you using any tools such as the Estonia Migration Tool? If so, remove it and clean up your registry.

No migration tools installed. It's a plain Prepar3D installation formerly upgraded vom 3.3 as described in the Installation and Upgrade guide.
I will try to completely uninstall and reinstall Prepare3D and all AddOns :-(

Cheers.

30 minutes ago, BensonFSX said:

I will try to completely uninstall and reinstall Prepare3D and all AddOns :-(

I'd just uninstall the client and try the new client again, first, honestly. No sense in burning down the house just yet. That's a lot of work.

Something is tripping our installer up, though. Keep in mind that you must first uninstall the 744 before attempting to reinstall. Using "repair" may be the cause of your issue, and it won't update the aircraft properly.

Kyle Rodgers