Sign in to follow this  
CPC900

P3D V4 + Trackir 5 + Chaseplane

Ok, Everything loads fine and works fine, until about 5-10 minutes of flying and Trackir stops working.  Green lights are still on but it has stopped working at this point.  I can then close down the trackir program and restart it, but same result after several minutes or so, same thing.

Why would it work fine for minutes and then suddenly stop?!  It seems weird that it has about 5-10 minutes of running time?!  It never used to do this before, so I assume chaseplane might be playing a part???  I will test some other programs today to see if it is the same result.

Bruce

Bruce Wood

I have the same problem.  I don't have to restart TrackIR, just have to restart ChasePlane.  I noticed too that in the top left corner, when I start it says something like ChasePlane + TrackIR but after 5-10 minutes, it just changes to ChasePlane and TrackIR no longer works. Again, restarting ChasePlane gets it working again.

Ok, I will try it that way.  But I noticed using FSX last night with chaseplane and TrackIR5, it worked fine!  So the combo of P3D V4, chaseplane and TrackIR5 makes it screw up :(

Bruce

• Upvote 1

Bruce Wood

Hi guys,

I also got two problems using the combination P3Dv4.2 + TrackIR5 + ChasePlane v0.4.194 beta.

The first one is that TrackIR isn't working instantly when I am loading P3Dv4 and TrackIR5. I simply don't get the steady blue light indication anymore and although head movements are visible in the TrackIR5 software, nothing happens P3D view-wise. Only thing that helps is closing TrackIR5, navigating to it's program folder and renaming "simconnect.manifest.cp_bkp" to "simconnect.manifest" and "simconnectSP2.manifest.cp_bkp" to "simconnectSP2.manifest" and restarting TrackIR5 afterwards. Then it works as expected, but I don't want to do this procedure all the time. As I am assuming the "cp" part in those files refers to ChasePlane and I never had this problem before using it I guess it is indeed the culprit.

The second problem happens as soon as I get airborne. It feels like ChasePlane and TrackIR are somehow "fighting" over the control of the camera. Although I am not moving my head I get a jerky camera jump at random time intervals. So, the view quickly jumps into another direction before coming back to it's normal origin. I guess I don't have to say that it is quite unsafe in manual flight to have the view jumping around randomly ;). If I deactivate either TrackIR in the ChasePlane camera, mute TrackIR, or switch off ChasePlane this behaviour stops so it is clearly something in the way they work together. Also, once I touchdown, everything is back to normal and the jerkyness stops.

Other than that, I am enjoying ChasePlane very much and I am looking forward to a more advanced replay function that maybe even works in conjunction with the FSLABS Airbus or other payware aircraft. 

All the best, Benny

Edited by BenBaron

On 26-3-2018 at 9:14 PM, BenBaron said:

It feels like ChasePlane and TrackIR are somehow "fighting" over the control of the camera. Although I am not moving my head I get a jerky camera jump at random time intervals. So, the view quickly jumps into another direction before coming back to it's normal origin. I guess I don't have to say that it is quite unsafe in manual flight to have the view jumping around randomly ;). If I deactivate either TrackIR in the ChasePlane camera, mute TrackIR, or switch off ChasePlane this behaviour stops so it is clearly something in the way they work together.

Same here. I just installed ChasePlane again after not using it for a while. I bought a new TrackIR 5 in the meantime and whenever it is enabled, together with CP, I get weird flashes, as if another view is shown for a split second. Sometimes the screen slightly moves very quickly. I didn't have that with my TrackIR 4 which I used previously with CP. My system is pretty clean: just reinstalled it a few weeks ago, along with P3D. I came to this forum specially for this so I am happy to see I am not the only one.

Now my luck is that I set up a system in which I use CP a LOT, I bought a seperate numpad specially to control CP views and it works like a charm, so I only enable TrackIR when I like to look around freely. But with this new flashing 'bug' I tend to use TrackIR even less, which in the end is a shame. I do usually use TrackIR during take off and landing so I'd like to see this solved too.

I am flying in P3D 4.2 and use the beta (obviously).

8 hours ago, J van E said:

Same here. I just installed ChasePlane again after not using it for a while. I bought a new TrackIR 5 in the meantime and whenever it is enabled, together with CP, I get weird flashes, as if another view is shown for a split second. Sometimes the screen slightly moves very quickly. I didn't have that with my TrackIR 4 which I used previously with CP. My system is pretty clean: just reinstalled it a few weeks ago, along with P3D. I came to this forum specially for this so I am happy to see I am not the only one.

Now my luck is that I set up a system in which I use CP a LOT, I bought a seperate numpad specially to control CP views and it works like a charm, so I only enable TrackIR when I like to look around freely. But with this new flashing 'bug' I tend to use TrackIR even less, which in the end is a shame. I do usually use TrackIR during take off and landing so I'd like to see this solved too.

I am flying in P3D 4.2 and use the beta (obviously).

Hi Jeroen,

in the meantime I discovered this sticky thread at the top. I didn't have the time yet to test if maybe this also helps the flashes. But if you, like me, also didn't apply the "Game Updates" in TrackIR, maybe it is still trying to control the Camera via "vanilla" SimConnect instead of the filtered chaseplane version leading to both programs indeed fighting with each other.

Greets, Benny

13 hours ago, BenBaron said:

in the meantime I discovered this sticky thread at the top. I didn't have the time yet to test if maybe this also helps the flashes. But if you, like me, also didn't apply the "Game Updates" in TrackIR, maybe it is still trying to control the Camera via "vanilla" SimConnect instead of the filtered chaseplane version leading to both programs indeed fighting with each other.

Thanks for the heads up but that isn't it. TrackIR clearly already works through CP on my PC. And I was the first to reply in that topic so I already knew about how things work. :happy:

Having said that: during my last flight I didn't have any flashes... Maybe this all had to do with doing my first flights immediately after installing CP without doing a system restart...?

BTW, this stopped being an issue for me months ago now.  Not sure why; it just started working fine one day.  Maybe an update of something.  Regardless, I am happy it is fine now.

Bruce

Bruce Wood