Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Can't get spot view

I am having problems trying to find the spot view (or is it chase view?) the view where you can use the hatswitch to fly around the aircraft. I have installed Ezdok 2.5 for V4 and it seems to be working fine. The last time I had Ezdok working in V3.4 it all seemed to happen without any problem, but for some reason, I am unable to assign this view to my throttle. I have FSUIPC and thought I might be able to assign it through there, but I can't find it in the list. Can anyone offer some help. Thanks fells.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Howard

Have you checked for conflicts between the default key assignments and EZDOK assignments?

You could try deleting the default PAN assignment in your controls setting and see if the PAN works via EZDOK using the hat-switch. Be sure to setup your joystick via the EZDOK Control panel first.

At the EZDOK Forum, there are plans to release a manual by, tentatively, mid-September so fingers crossed!

There are some video tutorials at the following link, if required:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-2-0-full-tutorial_topic57347&SID=29992-f239zed1f415d53e24db7870717593.html

Hope his helps

On 8/30/2017 at 11:59 PM, Tokitaumelie said:

Hi Howard

Have you checked for conflicts between the default key assignments and EZDOK assignments?

You could try deleting the default PAN assignment in your controls setting and see if the PAN works via EZDOK using the hat-switch. Be sure to setup your joystick via the EZDOK Control panel first.

At the EZDOK Forum, there are plans to release a manual by, tentatively, mid-September so fingers crossed!

There are some video tutorials at the following link, if required:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-2-0-full-tutorial_topic57347&SID=29992-f239zed1f415d53e24db7870717593.html

Hope his helps

Hi matey, apologies for the late reply. I thought I had sorte dout all assignment conflicts, but I'll take a closer look today and check it out further. Many thanks.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

5 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

No worries, hope things work out.

Kind regards

Hiya, just FYI, I've had absolutely zero luck with this. No conflicting assignments, but I just can't find the spot view? or is it chase view? The one where you can use the hat switch to fly around the aircraft.

Howard

You should use Chaseplane Howard. Sorry!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

56 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

You should use Chaseplane Howard. Sorry!

Hiya Dave, hope you're well. That doesn't help does it :biggrin: Besides, I thought chase plane was still in beta? and also, I'm fairly happy with Ezdok, just really want to get this issue sorted. Have you any ideas?

Howard

7 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Have you any ideas?

Do you have "use hatswitch as button" checked, if so your hatswitch will be converted to four additional switches, you need it unchecked and an outside view defined.

see this video:

2 hours ago, Glynn said:

Do you have "use hatswitch as button" checked, if so your hatswitch will be converted to four additional switches, you need it unchecked and an outside view defined.

see this video:

Hi Glynn, nah, good suggestion though. Tried that thanks.

Howard

Hi Mate,

No ideas Sorry am no help. Chaseplane is classed as a beta but its not really, been using it for 10 months. Its another world from Ezdok that I used before I saw the light :biggrin:

I wont tell you how you can put aload of views on just one key/button...no better not :cool: or how amazing the UI is. Not better not:biggrin: 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

53 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Hi Mate,

No ideas Sorry am no help. Chaseplane is classed as a beta but its not really, been using it for 10 months. Its another world from Ezdok that I used before I saw the light :biggrin:

I wont tell you how you can put aload of views on just one key/button...no better not :cool: or how amazing the UI is. Not better not:biggrin: 

Hmm, OK, I'll check it out. It seems a bit 'rich' to have to pay for a beta product that is incomplete. Do you find it has any bugs or issues Dave? What about hit on performance?

Cheers

Howard

58 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I wont tell you how you can put aload of views on just one key/button

I can cycle as many views as I want on one button in Ezdok, what unique in the way Chaseplane does it ?

Can Chaseplane pull the Metars from AS16 and ASN for it's effects yet ?

10 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Hmm, OK, I'll check it out. It seems a bit 'rich' to have to pay for a beta product that is incomplete. Do you find it has any bugs or issues Dave? What about hit on performance?

Cheers

Until you reminded me it was a beta I forgot it was.only reason its called a beta is they keep adding little things and new features., it can get updated at least once a week. There is a support forum here on AVSIM. The support is very good never needed it. Performance, no hit that I know about. 

The only warning and its only happened once in the last year is, you have to be connected to the internet until they add the offline version to it. So the one time there server went down CP became INOP.

10 hours ago, Glynn said:

I can cycle as many views as I want on one button in Ezdok, what unique in the way Chaseplane does it ?

Can Chaseplane pull the Metars from AS16 and ASN for it's effects yet ?

I used EZDOC for years but not tried or used v2, The support on v1 was 0 and its UI is and always was poor. I had no idea you make muti view with one button in Ez. In CP you for e.g I have 6 views to look to the right in the VC for taxing etc. I make a view bind it to a HOTAS button. All 6 views are bound to the same button very simple and works well.

I did a flight into KDEN last week and the effects on my FSL A320 when hitting a storm was of the like I have not seen before, I was amazed even more amazed the AP within the FSL 320 did not trip off. There is nothing wrong with the effects and there all customizable. Unlike EZ  v2 taking over the aircraft when it came out and made PMDG aircraft a mess.

Matt Davies, Frooglesim, Blackbox etc etc all use CP now and with good reason.

better  still with  chase  plane  is  the  support  you get  with the  dev  here  on  avsim  forum

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

For information fellas. I got this sorted my Kevin over at SimForums:- .................

It's possible the definitions are gone from your cameras.cfg file.
If that is the issue try this fix to replace the file
delete - cameras.cfg -- in your Appdata/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d v4 folder
Run P3d - you only need to go to the scenario screen -- not open a flight.
Close P3d and run. Ezconfig tool
Run P3d
Check the --S key -- swaps the view to default spot view

Howard