Sign in to follow this  
semaj

RXP GNS 430W V2 problem

Bought, downloaded, and installed this morning into FSX, SP2, Acceleration. When I open add ons, click to configure 430, it closes the sim immediately to the task bar, nothing else happens. Waited for over an hour. Only box I have ticked for install is for FSX. Do I need all of them checked, or is this another bug to be worked out?

Hi, can you please post the content of:

• "my documents\rxpGnsSim.dll.log"
  • "my documents\rxpGNS2.gau.log"
  • "my documents\rxpGNS2_menu.dll.log"

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Well, "my documents\rxpGnsSim.dll.log" is found in "My Documents" ?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

This is all I have showing there.

gnsw_430.mem

gnsw_434.mem

gnsw_530.mem

gnsw_531.mem

all dated 11/2/2007

Do you mean in "My Documents" folder you only have 4 files?

No "Flight Simulator" folder?

No "Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files" folder?

This is a standard folder and if these don't appear, either you are looking at the wrong folder, or your FSX-SE installation is not correct from the start.

Nevertheless, these files are for our legacy GNS, not GNS V2. Can you PM me your purchase order # + name / address?

Yes, I have the Flight Simulator X folder, flight plans etc, in there. I'm not using FSX SE at all. Only FSX.

I also have the older unit of the RXP 430, and it works fine. I also have FSX in it's own folder.

Also, is there some files I can copy and paste in there as well? Also my anti virus, which I disable during downloads, stops about 1/3 of the way through the down load, and I press ignore and it moves on. Maybe it's not letting the program load all it needs? Thank you.

It might be better in this case to disable the A/V at least during installation, and then eventually monitor if it is putting some of our files to quarantine. This can happen.

Besides, what is your FSX.exe file version? (right click / properties / details -or- version)

Yes, A/V disabled, always for downloads. FSX file version : 10.061632.0

Also changed A/V from Eset back to Microsoft security essentials, re-installed 430, no stopping this time, but still closes sim to taskbar. Thank you.

Thank you for the additional information. What is this version 10.0.61632.0?

What I have is:

• 10.0.61637.0 FSX Acceleration
  • 10.0.61472.0 FSX SP2
  • 10.0.61355.0 FSX SP1
  • 10.0.60905.0 FSX RTM

??

Fine, at least this is correct a FSX. I'm sorry I've potentially not read your initial post correctly either at first.

Please help me understand: when your say "it closes the sim immediately to the task bar, nothing else happens", do you mean it is as-is you'd clicked the "Minimize" button on the window, but the simulator is still running and you can "Maximize" the window back again, OR, do you mean it simply shuts down?

Yes, as if it was minimized. It continues to run, (the sim), and yes it will maximize back to full window, screen, but nothing pops up about the 430. Could the older version be interfering in any way. Yes the sim continues to run.

So, is this problem still being looked into or abandoned? I can see there's lot's of other issues as well. Maybe this one isn't as much of a priority. That's a lot of money spent for something that I can't get to work.