Maestaru

Top Recommended Airliner

I am looking to purchase the top airliner for P3D4.  Suggestions, and reasons why would be greatly appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What about the Captain Sim - 737 Captain - 737-200 base pack, and maybe with the ADV expansion pack?

Depends on what type of hauls you want to do.

Right now, I would say the best is the PMDG 737 NGX series.  Not much else set up for P3D v4 at the moment.  PMDG have the 737, 747 and 777 operating in v4.

Aerosoft and FSL are working on Airbus variants, and Majestic is updating the Q400. 

Also the Aerosoft CRJ700/900 is compatible with V4.

iFly's 737/747. Very inexpensive comparative to the competition, all systems work (FMC, etc.), lots of repaints, configurator.... on Flight1's site.

49 minutes ago, Maestaru said:

top airliner for P3D4

44 minutes ago, Maestaru said:

What about the Captain Sim

Don't think you can lump "top airliner" and Captain Sim together.

Anything PMDG or the FSL Airbus (when its ready) would be more along the lines as "top airliners" for P3D.

• Upvote 3

For short/medium haul, if you can wait just a bit longer. The FSL A320. And also the Majestic Q400 when that comes out. But if you need it now, then PMDG 744 or the 777

@cmpbellsjc  Haha.  Thanks for the tip.

Others:  I have sim experience on the 737 and, about a year ago, moved to the 767-300 ER.  I just had an initial look at what PMDG offers and am very impressed.  The 737 and 777 are both attractive, but so is the A320 (which I also have some time in the seat and enjoyed a lot).  More research before the big decision... 

Thanks for the advice. 

Four questions: 1) Can I save/load coroutes within the PMDG 737 and 777 CDUs?  2) Is additional information, possibly a manual, available prior to software purchase, even if it is for purchase?  3) Does Navigraph integrate with these planes?  4) If you were to pick one of these liners which would it be?

36 minutes ago, Maestaru said:

1) Can I save/load coroutes within the PMDG 737 and 777 CDUs? 

Yes

2) Is additional information, possibly a manual, available prior to software purchase, even if it is for purchase? 

You get a highly complex manual and tutorial flight with both after purchase, but there aren't any manuals you can look at before hand. Go onto youtube and look at the numerous full flight videos/tutorials/livestreams with the plane, or search here on the file library or elsewhere online for the several third-party checklists made specifically for both the 777 and 737.

3) Does Navigraph integrate with these planes?  

Yep

4) If you were to pick one of these liners which would it be?

Between the 737 and 777, I'd pick the 737. It's a little more hands-on despite still being very highly automated and you have a wider range of real-world routes to choose from, including both short <1 hour hops and transatlantic flights. 

1. Yes

2. PMDG manuals are extensive. You do not need them to flight, but they are a great source of info.

3. Yes

4. 737, the 777 is fun but too automated.

I asked about this recently and did some research too and based on all that you have imho only two options right now (well, three) if you want the actual TOP airliner (by which I suppose you mean the airliner that is the most complete and does things as they are done in real life). Don't expect any surprises because the options are limited.

1. The only currently available options are the PMDG 737NGX or 777.

2. The best option is the FSLabs Airbus 320 but it hasn't been released yet for v4. But it will be THE most complete airliner out there. Even more complete than the PMDG Boeings.

All other options are okay and nice and can come close to the above but 1 and 2 simply are the TOP, which is what you were asking for. Unfortunately the prices are accordingly (apart from the NGX maybe).

Obviously the choice depends on which plane you like more, an Airbus isn't a Boeing, but any of these three planes will give you the best. I myself decided to wait for the Airbus because I simply like Airbus more. And because is simply is the best.

There is also the PMDG 747 version 3 Queen of the Skies. 

Jos

3 hours ago, beep747 said:

There is also the PMDG 747 version 3 Queen of the Skies. 

Jos

And the other Queen of the Skies L-049. If you're into propliners.

Thanks, folks.  Read all the posts and viewed some of the youtube videos.  I think the 737 will be the one to kickstart my P3D4 airliners.  Definitely some cool stuff coming down the pipe.