Sign in to follow this  
THATFlightSimDude

New Member! Hi all!

My name is Tommy. I've been casually flight simming for 15 years, on and off. I'm getting back into it again. I created a youtube channel as well. Check it out if you have time. Daily livestreams.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZgZfTAaErkKRy9JbcWpjzA

Also... what is all of your opinions on FSX vs X-Plane 11? I am on FS9 still and was looking into upgrading. I've recently tried Prepar3D and did not like it. My PC did not run it well and the visually... my FS9 with addons looked better. Not even sure I should upgrade just for the hype. But I have yet to try X-Plane 11. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you. Happy flying!

I think you are correct.  Many members are still using FS9 as it looks better than the new flight simulators and we still have an active forum for FS9 users!!  I know FSX, X-Plane, FSW, and P3D are expensive for many and upgrading and purchasing the new simulators and then having to buy new eye-candy addons will cost even more.  P3DV4 Professional is really expensive so many stay away from that sim and buy FSX-SE that costs maybe $25 but usually on sale for $6.95.  That's why I think it is best many stay at FS9.  The quality of the textures and the updated technology used in the modern simulators is not worth the upgrade and price. 

Glad your friends allowed you to check out P3D.  Wish there was a demo version so everyone could try it out before buying. 

I checked out your youtube channel and that image on your home page is really blurry.  Must be P3D as you said P3D is not as nice as FS9.

Personally I have FSX, P3D, and X-Plane on my computer and enjoy using them all.  I left FS2004 on Day 1 of the release of FSX and never looked back.  That was over 10 years ago and there has been a lot of progress in technology since then. 

Hope you enjoy your tour browsing our forums.  Welcome!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Welcome. There are many discussions on the current flight sims out there if you do a bit of searching.

If your FS9 is looking and running great, FSX would be sort of a sideways move IMO, especially if you didn't like the vaulted P3D.

Far as Xplane11, try the demo then judge to see if the jump in investments would be worth it to you.