Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Flight Plan Troubles

I fill out my flight plan between two well-known airports and then I click ok, but there's a pop up that reads; The following characters are invalid for file names <>:/\1?*. This prevents me from filing a flight plan.

jetsmell very little info you provide ... can you please give some more detail..

Jorge

I remember having an issue with an airport that has a proper name associated with it and it had a "/" separating the names - when I removed that backslash the planner accepted the format 

9 hours ago, pracines said:

I remember having an issue with an airport that has a proper name associated with it and it had a "/" separating the names - when I removed that backslash the planner accepted the format 

Exactly. Some of the airport names in P3D have these characters in them. Just remove the offending characters in the file name and you will be good to go.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

That is an annoyance for sure.  The default seems to be to put those characters in the name so you have to remove them.    Been there, it is a pain. :blink:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

53 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

That is an annoyance for sure.  The default seems to be to put those characters in the name so you have to remove them.    Been there, it is a pain. :blink:

Bill

Yeah, but it is what it is, I guess. Whoever was in charge of entering the airport names didn't think about it too much...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

13 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

Yeah, but it is what it is, I guess. Whoever was in charge of entering the airport names didn't think about it too much...

Russ

That is my feeling too.  :huh:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Actually, in some earlier versions it made no difference. A version or two ago LM made some adjustments to how the flightplans were parsed - not allowing certain characters was one of the changes. Fortunately there are very few "bad" names comparatively but it is still annoying.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors