Lorby_SI

WAMA 1.08 released

Hello @ll,

WAMA 1.08 has been released today.

- You can assign waypoints to the "static objects" (if they are vehicles) and the simulator will make them move along that route.
- WAMA will now show your current flight plan on the Google Earth view
- P3D users can record their landings automatically with the WAMA logbook (using the simulators own recording feature)

Best regards

• Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

20 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

- P3D users can record their landings automatically with the WAMA logbook (using the simulators own recording feature)

Cool feature Oliver

Another really cool feature that would increase sales is to upgrade the automatic recording of takeoff and landings to AITX binary format for users of AITX. It would need just one parameter the distance in nm after takeoff and before landing that recordings stop/start.

Cheers

On ‎31‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 4:03 AM, glider1 said:

Another really cool feature that would increase sales is to upgrade the automatic recording of takeoff and landings to AITX binary format for users of AITX. It would need just one parameter the distance in nm after takeoff and before landing that recordings stop/start.

Hi,

could you give me a few details about the application that you have in mind? Do you just want to look at them (would an AITX recording be sufficient for this??) or is there something else?

TBH, I would rather add this feature to AITX directly, without the detour through WAMA. Maybe expand the very simplistic way that AITX is currently handling the recording files by adding a database that keeps track of them and a management dialog.

Best regards

15 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

could you give me a few details about the application that you have in mind? Do you just want to look at them (would an AITX recording be sufficient for this??) or is there something else?

TBH, I would rather add this feature to AITX directly, without the detour through WAMA. Maybe expand the very simplistic way that AITX is currently handling the recording files by adding a database that keeps track of them and a management dialog.

Best regards

The playback feature is simply awesome Oliver well done! The playback controls even work in VR (unlike AITX). My idea is to detect owners of AITX and put an option into WAMA to replace the simulator recorder with the AITX recorder so that when you hit playback in the WAMA log it does these things:

• it puts you in the cockpit with the same playback controls as the default recorder but with extra features
  • like being able to switch views from the playback dialog window
  • no load screen just instant switching in and out of the replay and real life (seamlessly)
  • ability to use direct mode for ultimate playback of all controls/lights etc.
  • option to put your view external and displaced from the touchdown spot so that you can conveniently see the landing as if you were standing by the runway.
  • change it so that it automatically records takeoff and landing with two little hot links in the logbook column marked "takeoff" and "landing" under the column entry called "playbacks"
  • Change it so that it says "record when below xxx feet" (where the user assumes that means both takeoff and landing)

Wama would have to know whether the customer owns AITX. I'm also assuming that you could add the binary recording code from AITX under the hood of WAMA without interfering with any of the other code which might not be simple and which adds extra code maintenance overhead.

Totally ignore my requests if you think it will cost too much time and effort for what it is worth, because already WAMA is outstanding as it is and I respect your judgement totally.

Cheers, Harry

Hi Harry,

ah OK, what you are driving at is to be able to start the playback while you remain in your own cockpit. 

Transfering the AITX recording, playback and viewing logic into WAMA doesn't sound appealing. That is a CR in the 100+ hours category, and the WAMA end user price doesn't justify this . But I could probably add an automated recording feature to AITX itself, that would "only" entail to implement the proper triggers. AITX's  handling of the recorded files needs a rework anyway at some point. That is probably only around 20 hours, +- 50%

I will keep it in mind. AITX is way down on the backlog currently, but when I revisit it, I will take a look at that.

Best regards

Has a random departure and arrival airport generator - using addon airports only, been suggested?  I always have trouble deciding on where to go from and to :biggrin:

Belinda

On 3.9.2017 at 2:50 AM, Corretto said:

Has a random departure and arrival airport generator - using addon airports only, been suggested?  I always have trouble deciding on where to go from and to :biggrin:

Belinda

Hi,

not yet. I will think about it. Done right this is actually a big feature (if it factors in your aircraft, weight and time constraints plus the scenery data like runway lengths or airport altitude). The main issue is, that scenery information is not accessible with SimConnect, it has to be collected in advance with a BGL decompiler. That would be way out of the scope of WAMA.

Best regards