Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

Majestic Software's Q400 TRAINING Edition and Prepar3D v4 Update

As we get close to the end of August many of you are wondering where The MJC group stand regarding the upcoming release of the Q400 for both the TRAINING Edition and the Q400 for the Prepar3D v4 platform. Back in May when the initial announcement was made we hinted to the fact that we would be putting the TRAINING Edition out first and continue work on the Prepar3D v4 Q400 as there was quite a bit of work required with us having to rewrite a majority of the code. We had to revisit our business plan regarding the TRAINING Edition release and realized that it was necessary to focus on the imperative changes for making the Q400 Prepar3D v4 compatible first.

The TRAINING Edition, in a nutshell, was just about complete and could have been pushed out for final testing, which would have allowed for users of FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv3 to be able to utilize the add-on, however, it was determined during a dissection of the P3Dv4 platform that we would have to revamp just about everything that we already have in place, and we had to do just that for the instructor station and its interaction with the Q400 flight controls for P3Dv4. Since we have done some testing internally of the TRAINING Edition I've decided to share a few pics (will not go into specifics of each page) of what can be expected - most of which is only noticeable from the Instructor Station and aircraft functionality.

******Still In Development******

Joystick Configurator, Instructor Station, and Failed Nose Gear:

Quick Snippet of a Rudder Jam check:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUcIdGkRLH0&t=54s

Runway Friction check:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pGN5FgjXCY

******Still In Development******

The Q400 Prepar3D v4 (PILOT, PRO & TRAINING Editions):
While it is not necessary to go into the details as to how we are making the transition possible, it is at least feasible to let you know that "much" of the code has had to have been rewritten. The present state of the Q400 is that we now have the basics working in Prepar3D v4, but we still need to write new assembler routines, change the database engine, along with several other critical improvements, not forgetting to get the performance synced. Also, the 2d panel rendering engine was completely rewritten and augmented with extra performance features available within the 64-bit system. That being said, the new P3Dv4 platform as many have seen with many of the updated or new add-on releases offers several enhancements which allow developers to improve the immersion factor of add-ons. We have not gotten to that stage yet but, hopefully, we are able to add some additional features that were feasible but not practical with the 32-bit platforms.

So the big question - WHEN is the Q400 going to be released?
With all that is going on under the hood, it is not possible to provide an accurate timeline. The best we can do at this time is provide updates as we see fit, which will be posted here on the Facebook Page along with the Majestic Software Forum. Constant emails or private messages may very likely not get answered, as we simply do not have the time to repeat the same information over and over. We appreciate your support, but more so your patience.

Cheers

The Majestic Software Team
(kroswynd)

170830 - UFN
MJC 08/02

• Upvote 6

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Guest JustanotherPilot

Thanks Simeon, the Q400 is the only thing that keeps me returning to use P3D v3, 90% of my flying is now with v4.

Thanks for the update, Simeon. The Q400 has been my favorite add-on so please take your time, perfect this little monster and we'll hopefully enjoy it in P3Dv4 soon enough.

From what I've read, it seems like the amount of work being put into this product for v4 means it would most likely be a paid upgrade. Is that correct? I'm not complaining, just need my Q400 fix as soon as possible! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, crosswind said:

The TRAINING Edition, in a nutshell, was just about complete and could have been pushed out for final testing, which would have allowed for users of FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv3 to be able to utilize the add-on, however, it was determined during a dissection of the P3Dv4 platform that we would have to revamp just about everything that we already have in place, and we had to do just that for the instructor station and its interaction with the Q400 flight controls for P3Dv4.

Kroswynd, does this mean that the Q400 Training edition will be for P3Dv4 only?

• Upvote 1

Not getting the CRJ to wait for your Q400 in v4, so you better not rush anything, and release when it's done and done in a state that you are very happy with. Even if i have no regional airliner for v4, even if i would crave to have the Q400 yesterday, i prefer that you take your time, and refrain from a rushed release...enough tears and disappointment we see on the crj battlefield...Majestic, you are our only hope:)

• Upvote 1

Teo Koutslas

Thanks for the update.

Hopefully, you'll continue to occasionally update us here at Avsim. I refuse to even look at FB.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

3 hours ago, Jazzfan said:

Kroswynd, does this mean that the Q400 Training edition will be for P3Dv4 only?

Jazzfan,

The TRAINING Ed. will be for all versions FSX/FSX:SE and P3D 3x and 4x

2 hours ago, Ted Zeus said:

Not getting the CRJ to wait for your Q400 in v4, so you better not rush anything, and release when it's done and done in a state that you are very happy with. Even if i have no regional airliner for v4, even if i would crave to have the Q400 yesterday, i prefer that you take your time, and refrain from a rushed release...enough tears and disappointment we see on the crj battlefield...Majestic, you are our only hope:)

Teo,

The CRJ I think would be a good hold over until the Q400 is release.  In all fairness, when we had just released the Q400 it had bugs and it took us well over a year to get some of the major kinks ironed out.  IMO, the CRJ is a solid contender, granted it was not developed to be on the same level as the Q400, but for what has been brought to the table there is certainly enough to keep the desktop pilot engaged for all phases of flight.

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

Thanks for the update.

Hopefully, you'll continue to occasionally update us here at Avsim. I refuse to even look at FB.

No problem.....the MJC forum and the Facebook page are our main pages, but I try to keep an eye open on this forum, as I don't seem to have forum mod status anymore.  No biggie though.

• Upvote 2

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Thanks Kroswynd. I just wanted to be certain that it was the case.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year earlier, October 23rd 2017 will live in infamy, Majestic Dash 8 Q400, has entered the P3Dv4 building. Simply the best airplane a simmer and not only can fly!

22382218_1502861526495444_29062590610781

Teo Koutslas

We thank you all for your continued support and patience.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Banner_MJC8.png