Sign in to follow this  
keithb77

Just Flight aircraft updated for V4 :)

Yes, it is the v4 installer version.  I get the engine, flaps and gear sounds.  But, the sounds that were placed in the Prepar3Dv4Sound/dc10cls (switches, call outs, etc) are not heard.  I'm thinking that they may have overlooked something in the v4 installer.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:48 PM, ricka47 said:

Yes, it is the v4 installer version.  I get the engine, flaps and gear sounds.  But, the sounds that were placed in the Prepar3Dv4Sound/dc10cls (switches, call outs, etc) are not heard.  I'm thinking that they may have overlooked something in the v4 installer.

Hi,

Just bought it for my P3dV4 and same problem.

Skip.

Glad to hear that it's not just me.  I filed a ticket with Just Flight and they are getting with the developer to see what is going on.  I'm thinking that some 64-bit sound gauge is missing or not working.

Rick Abshier

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:20 AM, ricka47 said:

Glad to hear that it's not just me.  I filed a ticket with Just Flight and they are getting with the developer to see what is going on.  I'm thinking that some 64-bit sound gauge is missing or not working.

I also raised a ticket and get an answer they're working on a fix but still nothing! A brand new addon I can't use!!!

Skip.

Does this work as an interim fix?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 08/09/2017 at 1:20 AM, ricka47 said:

Just installed their BAC 1-11 into P3Dv4 and the installer copies the wrong sound gauge etc.

There are two folders in the panel folder, 32 and 64 (no prizes for guessing why those names...) but the installer copies the files from 32.

If your DC10 install has 'old' gau and dll files in the panel folder (pre April 17) try overwriting with the files from the 64 folder.

Cheers
Keith

i either forgot to post the link i was referring to in my post or it got deleted (even though it was to another forum not to a store), so maybe this will be safer

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/518781-just-flight-aircraft-updated-for-v4/?do=findComment&comment=3701372

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

An updated One-Eleven installer which should address that issue has been sent out to our third-party retailers (SimMarket etc).

We are looking in to the DC10 sound issue at the moment.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

7 hours ago, Martyn JF said:

An updated One-Eleven installer which should address that issue has been sent out to our third-party retailers (SimMarket etc).

We are looking in to the DC10 sound issue at the moment.

Thanks
Martyn

Hi,

I hope you'll find the solution. I'm waiting for the DC10 sound fix to fly it under P3Dv4...

Skip.

Hello,

Any news of a fix for the P3Dv4 DC-10 sounds not working?

I tried tu use the original dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll (but sound gauges in the P3Dv4 DC-10 distribution have exactly the same size...) and it does not work. Reading the dsd documentation I see that the sound files / Lvars mapping has changed and each sound must be mapped to its proper Lvar name? If there's no bckward compatibility with the new x64 dsd gauge it means that all the XML code of the CLS DC10 gauge must be rewritten?

Skip.

Is there any update on the DC-10 in v4? I've combed the forums but can't seem to find a definitive answer here or in JF's forum. Seems hit and miss, but I'd like to avoid a purchase/refund just to find out....?

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

On 2/18/2018 at 1:17 PM, sddjd said:

Is there any update on the DC-10 in v4? I've combed the forums but can't seem to find a definitive answer here or in JF's forum. Seems hit and miss, but I'd like to avoid a purchase/refund just to find out....?

Skipy is exact right, above.  Each gauge needs to be re-worked to properly reference the sound callouts.

JustFlight hasn't done that yet.

Doug Dawson's 64-bit sound gauge does indeed come with the installer, but that is not enough.  The xml gauges for the DC-10 are written in such a way that the LVARS need to be reference in the sound gauge .ini file, AND the gauge itself needs adjustment on the lines that call the sounds.  It's a little beyond my limited ability in that area...they're using polish or reverse polish notation.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Ah - RPN.  Now, I know what I can't get the rest of the sounds in the DC-10!

Rick Abshier

2 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Ah - RPN.  Now, I know what I can't get the rest of the sounds in the DC-10!

I'm submitting a ticket to JustFlight right now.  This has gone on long enough.

I'm CLOSE to having the ability to edit the lines in the XML myself, but I'm no real gauge programmer.  I got the sound to work, but then I broke the gauge doing it.  In other words, I flick the landing lights, the sound fires off (yay!), the animation moves to "on", but then quickly goes back to "off" (no!).  And worst of all, the lights don't come on (no!).

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I submitted a ticket and they just said to contact CLS.  So, I contacted CLS and they didn't seem to understand what I was talking about.  I hope that you have more success.

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier