Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

No AI Traffic in P3D V4

Can anyone suggest why I'm not seeing, or if I am, it's only one or two AI aircraft around airports? Even with sliders at 100%. This is a bang up, fresh install of P3D V4. No third party progs except Orbx regions, PMDG NGX and A2A 182.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Rock,

I had the same problem, I think it is by design in other words it comes without AI.

I bought Ultimatic Traffic Live and now I am seeing AI around (including cars).

Regards,
Simbol

The standard AI traffic is extremly sparse and only at bigger hubs you see more than two or three planes. Anyway, the standard AI traffic uses models that are waaaaay to heavy on FPS, I would never use it.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

42 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Can anyone suggest why I'm not seeing, or if I am, it's only one or two AI aircraft around airports? Even with sliders at 100%. This is a bang up, fresh install of P3D V4. No third party progs except Orbx regions, PMDG NGX and A2A 182.

That's because you are relying on the default AI traffic which consists of only a few aircraft models that use imaginary airline names. If one picks  the "wrong" airport, one might not see much traffic at all because the default AI traffic BGL file has few schedules that visit that airport. 

Hi Howard,

When you launch the default flight at KVPS, there's quite a few default AI aircraft around after a few minutes:

ai.jpg

As others have said, default AI can be very sparse or non-existent at other airports.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Nice new rig.

Get an AI addon like My Traffic.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks everyone. Sure, I wanted to ensure nothing was broken in P3D before installing any third part AI. I have MTX, which I used in V3.4, but unsure whether it's a new purchase for V4 or not. I'll check it out tomorrow. Thanks again fellas.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Howard,

It's not a new purchase, but you do have to make sure that FS9 aircraft models are disabled and the aircraft.cfg files have a proper [Radios] section: FS9 models are no longer supported by P3Dv4 and will crash the sim; if the [Radios] sections is missing, ATC will ignore the aircraft. For a one click solution, you can use my free SimLauncherX application if you like (Home|Tools|Misc.|Fix AI aircraft).

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg