Sign in to follow this  
ninerwhiskey9W

Weather Engine for P3D v4

Hello,

What would be a good weather engine for p3d v4 ? I have used the default one in fsx till now, but pro atc X for some reason is not reading the weather in p3d. When weather in set to 25kts in the sim, pro atc x gives me winds calm and qnh 0. This sometimes leads me on an approach against traffic taking off or the atc annoyingly giving instructions to the wrong approach.

I tried using OPUS FSI to inject weather and this solved the problem, but the problem with opus is it requires you to be online always ? Due to the nature of my job, I am away from an internet connection for extended period of time. 

What I'm looking for is a weather engine that allows me to set custom weather offline and allows it to exported to pro atc x. My options are  REX Weather , Active Sky and FSGRW. 

Which of these would you recommend ?

Regards

Active Sky 16. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I've been very happy with Active Sky. it's also important to note which add-on aircraft WX radar supports which weather engine, should you require/want that. For example, PMDG works with Active Sky.

Active Sky 4

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Anyone needs another vote for AS...? :happy:

I do have to say I never used the custom weather option but it's there.

Add me to the list of ASP4 enthusiasts!

Incredible in all respects! I suggest you join us. :cool:

Kind regards

Active sky for me too. .I do have OpusV5 but I always use AS.Btw, nobody  voted for opus yet :-)

AS4 plus ENVTEX

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I used to use OPUS for p3d v3.  Then they wanted a new price for p3d v4, at that point I went to Active Sky.  Couldn't be happier.

How would you order/rate the four wx engines for best overall depicted weather - AS, Opus, FSGRW, REX? Is active sky best in every aspect or do they all do different things better and worse than others?

4 minutes ago, him225 said:

How would you order/rate the four wx engines for best overall depicted weather - AS, Opus, FSGRW, REX? Is active sky best in every aspect or do they all do different things better and worse than others?

Do you really want to go there? Everyone is going to tout their favorites. Many will think of weather depiction as pretty clouds. And it so much depends on your type of flying. The only thing that is important is which one YOU like. You need to try them yourself. Just read the posts in the various forums and you'll find your answers.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors