Sign in to follow this  
jumberlyjet7478

747-400 v3

I have noticed there is a update for the 747-400 v3 i have down loaded this update ,and when i try to install this i dont know how to do this there is 3 buttons to press modify,repair and uninstall ,i have tried the modify button when i check on the pmdg opps centre it still the old version ,do i have to uninstall the whole program  ,and to re install again .if so will i loose all my F S U I P C control settings ?

Also how to install the version for 747-800 series ?

Steve

36 minutes ago, jumberlyjet7478 said:

I have noticed there is a update for the 747-400 v3 i have down loaded this update ,and when i try to install this i dont know how to do this there is 3 buttons to press modify,repair and uninstall ,i have tried the modify button when i check on the pmdg opps centre it still the old version ,do i have to uninstall the whole program  ,and to re install again .if so will i loose all my F S U I P C control settings ?

As noted in the update announcement: uninstall, then re-install.

FSUIPC settings should remain, but that's a question for them. Key commands on our end will remain, as well.

37 minutes ago, jumberlyjet7478 said:

Also how to install the version for 747-800 series ?

We don't offer a 747-800.

The expansion to the 747v3 for the 747-8 will be available when it is complete. It is still in development.

Kyle Rodgers

What settings do you think you will loose? If you have modified the aircraft.cfg it will be overwritten, of course. You might have to go through the simulation settings in the CDU, but that's a matter of minutes once. The update is necessary to do for all further micro updates. Fsuipc will not be affected. 

To avoid losing your liveries and settings made thru PMDG Setup in the CDU do this. Prior to uninstalling the version that is on your computer run the PMDG Operations Center. After you have installed the version that you downloaded run the OC again. It will tell you that liveries need to be repaired. Select the repair option and press OK.

Thanks for your reply ,the settings i mean is all the controls for F S U I P C even macro,s that i have made  for all the switches toga and auto throttle etc as i have built a 747 throttle quadrant and gear lever and steering tiller over head all working on F S U I P C ,which took me a long time to set up ,all i wanted really to know is what will i gain by the update .is it worth the risk of losing all the settings,i have the steam version .

regards Steve 

Simply copy your FSUIPC.ini over from the prior edition. No muss, no fuss.  Mouse macros are the only present limitation.

Yes, I believe the update is well worth it.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper