Sign in to follow this  
killairbus

No invalid v speeds?

In the 747v3, if I set a flex temp that's too high I get a message saying that my v speeds are invalid. This is good because it tells me I won't clear the runway with the weights I added into the MCDU.

But i I don't think the 777-300ER  has this feature right? Because I can set 99 degrees and it still calculates v speeds even though I'm at 322 metric tons. 

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

There is a limit to how much thrust derate is applied, I'm not sure of the assumed temperature but FCOM 11.32.3 provides two options for derated thrust.  I'm not sure which one is modeled but I suspect it is not the deep derate.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 31.8.2017 at 0:43 AM, downscc said:

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

There is a limit to how much thrust derate is applied, I'm not sure of the assumed temperature but FCOM 11.32.3 provides two options for derated thrust.  I'm not sure which one is modeled but I suspect it is not the deep derate.

He was asking if the 777 FMC will tell you, if your thrust reduction is too high for take off i.e. you run out of runway.

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

7 minutes ago, joona_ said:

He was asking if the 777 FMC will tell you, if your thrust reduction is too high for take off i.e. you run out of runway.

I will not offer a number if they cannot be calculated.

Dan Downs KCRP