Sign in to follow this  
GEKtheReaper

Load tutorial flights P3D v4

Guys pls apologize my stupid Q but I'm new to P3D...

I'm too damn stupid to be able to find how to load the Tutorial flight scenarios in P3D v4. I know with FSX I needed to move the files to another directory under my Documents but I'm unable to do the same in V4. It seems that the files have different extensions then those of P3D.

I'm expecting the visit of a friend who is eager to test V4 with the NGX on my PC.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Have you copied them to your documents/prepar3d v4 files  folder? 

Mario Di Lauro

Where are the files is the question.  The PMDG provided saved flights for Tutorial #2 are where?

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Ah sorry about that chief!  From what I remember, you load the flight manually and then using the FMC, (PMDG Setup), you load the panel state (panel state load) in the available options. There you should find the tutorials. Again, if memory serves!

Mario Di Lauro

If tghe saved flight doesn't exist anywhere so that you can load it from the Load/Scenario list, there is no way to do it manually or any other way.  Panel states are there, but a panel state does not load a flight.

Bob Zolto

12 hours ago, tamsini said:

Have you copied them to your documents/prepar3d v4 files  folder? 

I've copied the files from the root LM Installation (PMDG Folder, etc,  where also the Manuals are stored). Unfortunately they seem to have different extensions and are therefore not beeing recognized as Scenarios.

10 hours ago, tamsini said:

Ah sorry about that chief!  From what I remember, you load the flight manually and then using the FMC, (PMDG Setup), you load the panel state (panel state load) in the available options. There you should find the tutorials. Again, if memory serves!

Yes, you can load the Panel states from the FMC but you also have to load the Scenario which suits the Panel state (e.g plane in the air before the last turn towards LOWI).

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

I opened a ticket at PMDG about this.  They told me that it is an installer problem and it will b fixed so that the files go into the correct place.

• Upvote 1

Bob Zolto

Apparently, if it's an "installer problem," almost two years later, they still haven't fixed it.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080