Sign in to follow this  
spilok

What EXACT files do I need for radios?

My 737 default is perfect.  EXCEPT for the radios.  I hit shift + 2 and I get a big black rectangle.  I know it's specific files or gauges that I need, and I can't figure it out.  PLEASE help me with this.  I'm trying to fly the  737 in Prepar3dv4 and since I totally deleted the FSX program, I'm very unhappy and confused.  What files do I need for the radios to show up.   Also, my gauges are totally missing from my default King Air 350.   I need help from some of you wonderful gurus out there.

Stan

38 minutes ago, spilok said:

I'm trying to fly the 737 in Prepar3dv4

You'd probably get better advice by posting this in the P3D forum.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

737 Radios = No dice. The radio gauges are in 32 bit .dlls.(fsx\gauges\737-400.dll)
KingAir = No dice. All gauges are in 32 bit .dlls.(fsx\gauges\KingAir.dll & fsx\gauges\KingAir_radio.dll) 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Interesting.  However, if I attempt to install the FSX default 747, the radios on THAT plane are there.  I would assume those were 32 bit as well?

Stan

42 minutes ago, spokes2112 said:

737 Radios = No dice. The radio gauges are in 32 bit .dlls.(fsx\gauges\737-400.dll)
KingAir = No dice. All gauges are in 32 bit .dlls.(fsx\gauges\KingAir.dll & fsx\gauges\KingAir_radio.dll) 

Beg to differ...

I have the FSX default 737 in my P3Dv4 and the radios show up just fine when I press Sft-2. This was a direct cut and paste from FSX-SE with no modifications. My default Kingair is fine as well.

Also, the KingAir is a default P3Dv4 aircraft, if I'm not mistaken.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Hi,

be careful with that migration. P3D V4 has 64bit replacements of the default FSX gauges already in place (737-400.dll, Bendix_King_Radio.dll, BoeingGeneric.dll, just to name a few). 737-400.dll is the one that you need.

Do not overwrite any of them with the FSX counterparts, that will lead to black recangles, as the FSX dlls cannot work. But the P3D dlls work fine, and if you just move over the 737 folder from the SimObjects you should be set. I just tried this myself, and radios are there.

Repeat: NEVER overwrite a P3D gauge dll with anything coming from FSX (except pure XML cabs).

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I probably did that inadvertently.  I guess I need a P3D gauge dll to solve this.  What's your advice on solving this?

Stan

Stan

First try a repair install of P3D. That should reset your files.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

6 hours ago, spilok said:

I probably did that inadvertently.  I guess I need a P3D gauge dll to solve this.  What's your advice on solving this?

Stan

Stan

Hi Stan,

if you are not sure what has been overwritten, I suggest a repair or uninstall/reinstall (P3D content may be enough?)

In the future, I suggest you "externalize" legacy content, by using the XML configuration method. That way you will never overwrite anything, because all files are not copied to the simulator folder in the first place (gauges, effects, sound, etc too - everything can be kept separate!).

I have a special folder for these aircraft where I have added a skeleton FSX folder structure (= the fsx.exe and the subfolders simobjects, gauges, effects, sound). This folder is linked by an automatically discovered add-on.xml, so I just drop any aircraft that I want to try out into this separate folder, and it will show up in P3D - or not. If there are conficts with gauges or other content, I can just remove them, as they never touched anything inside of my sim.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

If I were to do a "REPAIR" for P3D...not an uninstall,  would my main addons still be there?  I mean things like my ORBX programs and planes that work within P3D.

Stan