mansour

some issues with the last update of PMDG

Dear PMDG developer,

Good morning,

I download the last update for PMDG 747-400 v3 and 777-200ER and 777-300

I am using P3D v4 with windows 10

I have some issues with the PMDG

with 747 I can't see the pilot screen of the screen of speed and the altitude ... you can get it if you pres "Shift + 8"  Also with PMDG 777-300/200

With 777 I can't open Failures page, ATS ... etc I can open the chick list only. Also the camera screen I can't see the light when I open the light

Is there a camera in 747 and 777-200 or not?

So any help with that ...

Mansour Alsenaidy

PMDG 777 & 747

P3D v4

WIND 10

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

8 hours ago, mansour said:

I download the last update for PMDG 747-400 v3 and 777-200ER and 777-300

I am using P3D v4 with windows 10

I have some issues with the PMDG

with 747 I can't see the pilot screen of the screen of speed and the altitude ... you can get it if you pres "Shift + 8"  Also with PMDG 777-300/200

With 777 I can't open Failures page, ATS ... etc I can open the chick list only. Also the camera screen I can't see the light when I open the light

Did you ever activate the aircraft after installing? Had them previously installed and activated, it should not require you to activate, however, you need to uninstall before it will allow you to update and/or install into v4.

8 hours ago, mansour said:

Is there a camera in 747 and 777-200 or not?

There isn't. The real 747-400 and 777-200 do not have this feature, so ours don't either.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Did you ever activate the aircraft after installing? Had them previously installed and activated, it should not require you to activate, however, you need to uninstall before it will allow you to update and/or install into v4.

I install the new update in P3D v4 but i have these issue?

any help??

51 minutes ago, mansour said:

I install the new update in P3D v4 but i have these issue?

any help??

The question is did you uninstall before installing the update. It is required for the latest update that you remove the aircraft through the Windows "Add or remove programs" screen. And then once uninstalled you should install the new version. If you simply ran the latest updater and chose Repair or Modify it could be a reason for the issue.

what I did now! I removed the old program and I download the latest virgin from the website and I install it

1- 777-200 then 777-300

2- 747-400

it is the same Issue ...

any help please!!! 

Full names on all posts here please.  I've read the above posts to see if I could figure out was your problem was and honestly your problem descriptions sound more like you don't know how to use the simulator.  To be fair, you may have tried but "I can't see the pilot screen" has no meaning to me.  Please try to explain in detail your problem, and please add your full name to each post.

On 9/10/2017 at 3:40 AM, downscc said:

Full names on all posts here please.  I've read the above posts to see if I could figure out was your problem was and honestly your problem descriptions sound more like you don't know how to use the simulator.  To be fair, you may have tried but "I can't see the pilot screen" has no meaning to me.  Please try to explain in detail your problem, and please add your full name to each post.

Okay, the issue was when i am inside the cockpit pilot site i need to pop up ND screen I have to press Shift+#8

so I can see big or when i am on wing view but with the last update for P3D v4 it is not working

I am using win 10

Mansour Senaidy

Hi Mansour, the 2D popup has been a source of trouble for many users by causing the simulator to stop working and close so PMDG created an option to allow or deny the popup from working.  You will find this in the PMDG Options.

On 9/16/2017 at 7:55 PM, downscc said:

Hi Mansour, the 2D popup has been a source of trouble for many users by causing the simulator to stop working and close so PMDG created an option to allow or deny the popup from working.  You will find this in the PMDG Options.

I see where the PMDG Options? is it on the FMC or where i can found it please!

5 hours ago, mansour said:

I see where the PMDG Options? is it on the FMC or where i can found it please!

It's in the FMC. Check the intro manual for more information.

13 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I will check and we will see.

Thank you every one for your help

On 9/19/2017 at 4:27 AM, Captain Kevin said:

I can't find it. Please! I need help with it

Press MENU button on CDU. Select PMDG Setup > Options > Simulation page 2/3.  It is right along other options that apply to the simulation in general rather than the specific aircraft.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mansour said:

I can't find it. Please! I need help with it

G’Day Mansour,

I’ll give you some help in finding the toggle in the FMC to allow you to open the captain’s PFD and ND. 

So, to begin, load the aircraft that does not display the Captain’s PFD or ND into the simulator. Now, if the aircraft loads cold and dark/without power, follow this next step, if it doesn’t, then ignore this. 

Go to any CDU (FMC) in the flight deck, then locate the menu key on the CDU (FMC). Click and hold the menu key with the mouse until the CDU powers up and the screen comes to life. 

Now ice that we have power to the FMC, we can go into the PMDG options section and fix this “issue.”

Now that you are on the front screen of the CDU, in the bottom left of the screen of the CDU, you should see some text that says PMDG OPTIONS. Click on the line selector key that is to the right of it. From there, you should see something that goes along the lines of, 

AIRCRAFT.

SIMULATION.

OPTIONS. 

On the left hand side of the CDU. Click on OPTIONS and cycle through the pages via the NXT PAGE and PREV PAGE buttons on the CDU (which are slightly below the screen of the CDU) until you find a line of text that says CAPT PFD DISABLE/OFF (again, something like that). It should have YES written in YELLOW to the right of it. 

Click the corresponding line selector key (LSK) to Chang this option to NO. A pop up message will appear (if it doesn’t, alt+tab on the keyboard to show it.) warning you about disabling this.  READ THIS CAREFULLY and click OK and you are good to go. 

If it is not in the options menu, then it may be in the SIMUATION or AIRCRAFT menus. Just scroll through them until you see it.

By enabling this, you may loose stability in your simulator. 

On 9/21/2017 at 0:13 AM, VHOEI said:

G’Day Mansour,

I’ll give you some help in finding the toggle in the FMC to allow you to open the captain’s PFD and ND. 

So, to begin, load the aircraft that does not display the Captain’s PFD or ND into the simulator. Now, if the aircraft loads cold and dark/without power, follow this next step, if it doesn’t, then ignore this. 

Go to any CDU (FMC) in the flight deck, then locate the menu key on the CDU (FMC). Click and hold the menu key with the mouse until the CDU powers up and the screen comes to life. 

Now ice that we have power to the FMC, we can go into the PMDG options section and fix this “issue.”

Now that you are on the front screen of the CDU, in the bottom left of the screen of the CDU, you should see some text that says PMDG OPTIONS. Click on the line selector key that is to the right of it. From there, you should see something that goes along the lines of, 

AIRCRAFT.

SIMULATION.

OPTIONS. 

On the left hand side of the CDU. Click on OPTIONS and cycle through the pages via the NXT PAGE and PREV PAGE buttons on the CDU (which are slightly below the screen of the CDU) until you find a line of text that says CAPT PFD DISABLE/OFF (again, something like that). It should have YES written in YELLOW to the right of it. 

Click the corresponding line selector key (LSK) to Chang this option to NO. A pop up message will appear (if it doesn’t, alt+tab on the keyboard to show it.) warning you about disabling this.  READ THIS CAREFULLY and click OK and you are good to go. 

If it is not in the options menu, then it may be in the SIMUATION or AIRCRAFT menus. Just scroll through them until you see it.

By enabling this, you may loose stability in your simulator. 

Thank you so much for your help!