Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

FSLabs A320-X P3Dv4 video preview

Looks promising. The preview mainly focuses on the new sound engine for 64bit P3D. They will release another video showing VC features shortly

No ETA yet but its in advanced beta stage. Who knows, we might even see it before 2018 ;)

• Upvote 2

Love the cabin announcements, music, etc!    I do wish there was an option though where you could here a muted version of these within in the VC (as thought the flight deck door were open).

[EDIT:  Should have got to the end of the vid before posting - looks like this will now be an option, through the PA speaker in the cockpit! :)]

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Very nice! I really think I am going to get this one!

What I am not too fond of though are the random clicks and coughs and things like that: that all may sound nice and realistic the first time but after a few times you know when the coughs are coming and it gets fake and annoying. But well, afaik (and hope) those sounds can be muted in the VC. Apart from that things sound very great!!!

11 minutes ago, JYW said:

Love the cabin announcements, music, etc!    I do wish there was an option though where you could here a muted version of these within in the VC (as thought the flight deck door were open).

[EDIT:  Should have got to the end of the vid before posting - looks like this will now be an option, through the PA speaker in the cockpit! :)]

Thats in the current version already, even though its not really documented. You just need to activate the channel and turn up the PA volume. 

The new feature is the recording capability, seems you can record the captain's announcement on the fly in the VC and then play it in the cabin, neat

"Ladies and Gents, from the Flightdeck, this is your captain speaking. I'm just going through the tutorial and once i figured out what all those fancy buttons are doing we are ready to go. Thanks to the 64bit upgrade its quite likely that we actually arrive at our destination without running out of memory. Sit back, relax and enjoy your flight!"

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Thats in the current version already, even though its not really documented. You just need to activate the channel and turn up the PA volume. 

The new feature is the recording capability, seems you can record the captain's announcement on the fly in the VC and then play it in the cabin, neat

"Ladies and Gents, from the Flightdeck, this is your captain speaking. I'm just going through the tutorial and once i figured out what all those fancy buttons are doing we are ready to go. Thanks to the 64bit upgrade its quite likely that we actually arrive at our destination without running out of memory. Sit back, relax and enjoy your flight!"

Well said  :ha:

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I want it now :wub:

All the cabin sound you cannot here in the VC. Unless you turn ON and up the PA Volume. 

There is more than enough sounds in the VC to keep everyone happy, even without all the new sounds that will take it to another level.

Even after countless times I still love Pressing the Ground power switch to ON, from C&D start up. :wub:

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This is the first time I have heard the 'barking dog' sound like I think it should. Also kudos for the growl as the engines spool up.

Cheers!

David Haynes

3 minutes ago, cnc3 said:

This is the first time I have heard the 'barking dog' sound like I think it should. Also kudos for the growl as the engines spool up.

Damm, I was hoping someone would come along and say " could you hear that dog in the background?" nvm :biggrin:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I wish I had a nickle for the number of times a PAX has said that to me after a flight!

Seriously, I will be laughing hard if FSLabs will have their complex A320 ready for P3Dv4 before the other company offering a much less complex A320 and delaying it because it is soooo complicated to have it ready for v4...

HA, a quick check in their forums already gave me the answer: of course, the A320 coming for P3Dv4 is a brand new product, not an update. What was I thinking, oh dear...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I just watched the video and what caught my was the effects of the engine fans turning.  It starts to turn real nice and realistic then suddenly the texture turns black as if the fans are turning at high speed.  I don't understand this?  Is this a limitation on the time the effect has?  I see this on all sorts of turbofan effects.  To me, this immediately takes me out of "immersion mode".  I recall one model where it did a natural wind up to full speed.... took probably a good minute or two.  Same with shutting down. 

Does anyone else notice this? 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

4 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

I just watched the video and what caught my was the effects of the engine fans turning.  It starts to turn real nice and realistic then suddenly the texture turns black as if the fans are turning at high speed.  I don't understand this?  Is this a limitation on the time the effect has?  I see this on all sorts of turbofan effects.  To me, this immediately takes me out of "immersion mode".  I recall one model where it did a natural wind up to full speed.... took probably a good minute or two.  Same with shutting down. 

Does anyone else notice this? 

Yeah! And also at the end the landing gears are retracted nicely but cover gets closed quite quickly...  

Ahmet Can

30 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Seriously, I will be laughing hard if FSLabs will have their complex A320 ready for P3Dv4 before the other company offering a much less complex A320 and delaying it because it is soooo complicated to have it ready for v4...

Apart from the fact that the other company has quite a few planes in their current portfolio, lets not forget that we are waiting for A320-X SP1 for nearly 9 months now. 

Both are being blown out of the water by PMDG in regards to update frequency

53 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Wow just wow

Agreed!

:-))

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.