Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

FSLabs A320-X P3Dv4 video preview

40 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Seriously, I will be laughing hard if FSLabs will have their complex A320 ready for P3Dv4 before the other company offering a much less complex A320 and delaying it because it is soooo complicated to have it ready for v4...

HA, a quick check in their forums already gave me the answer: of course, the A320 coming for P3Dv4 is a brand new product, not an update. What was I thinking, oh dear...

So you're saying if a company that has countless 10,000's more lines of code take longer to turn into into 64bit than a much simpler version you find that funny. The only funny thing is your logic.

I Agree it will be like a new product with many of SP1 within it, but its free of charge for P3D owners unlike the other one that you will have to pay for. "oh dear"

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Moved to AVSIM Video Forum.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Damm, I was hoping someone would come along and say " could you hear that dog in the background?" nvm :biggrin:

Well, I almost did (when I posted about coughing sounds) but I figured the sound was so obvious and loud that it had to be Airbus related... :blush::biggrin:

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

So you're saying if a company that has countless 10,000's more lines of code take longer to turn into into 64bit than a much simpler version you find that funny. The only funny thing is your logic.

I Agree it will be like a new product with many of SP1 within it, but its free of charge for P3D owners unlike the other one that you will have to pay for. "oh dear"

You've reversed AnkH's meaning, David. AnkH was saying it would be ironic if FSL, the complex addon here, were able to put their product out in 64-bit before their "simple" competitor does so. I think you guys are in agreement...

James

• Upvote 3

Great! I already have LOWI, all I need is .....

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

3 hours ago, honanhal said:

You've reversed AnkH's meaning, David. AnkH was saying it would be ironic if FSL, the complex addon here, were able to put their product out in 64-bit before their "simple" competitor does so. I think you guys are in agreement...

James

DOH, you're right it will teach be to read on my phone. Sorry AnkH I completely miss read.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I hope we are able to disable those infernal cabin announcements - or are they not audible on the flight deck? I want to fly an A320 sim - not a cabin sim.

David Porrett

1 hour ago, DavidP said:

I hope we are able to disable those infernal cabin announcements - or are they not audible on the flight deck? I want to fly an A320 sim - not a cabin sim.

I would imagine, as per the current version we are flying, the cabin announcements can be attenuated either by turning down the PA volume or switching it off altogether. Cabin announcements are not heard on the flight deck but because of "popular demand" FSL added the ability to listen to them via the PA controls on the radio panel.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

13 hours ago, costamesa said:

Yeah! And also at the end the landing gears are retracted nicely but cover gets closed quite quickly...  

nothing unusual   working  around  fa-18's  the  landing  gear  retract  slowly  and  than  you wouldnt  want  to have  your  hands  in the  way of  the nose  and  wheel  panels since  they  close   rather  quickly:biggrin:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, DavidP said:

As per the real aircraft, you can only hear them through the Audio Control Panel on the flight deck, either via the cockpit speakers or a headset. You have to setup the ACP correctly to do this.

A few people have questioned why we've added a cabin environment: We wanted to add a new dimension to the simulation - because in the real world there is an interaction with the cabin that is generally missing in desktop flight simulation (difficult to do, of course - but there are certain aspects that can be simulated).

Whilst these announcements are normally not heard on the flight deck - they are being simulated in the background and form part of our 'cabin ready' logic, which can trigger an memo on the flight deck and is checked as part of the departure checklist. 

I've heard a couple of pilots on VATSIM at London Gatwick, where the departure runway is very close to the South Terminal tell ATC that they need 'a couple of minutes for the cabin'. As I said, it adds a new dimension to the simulation - it's something different to think about, that real world crews give a lot of consideration to.

All of this can be disabled, of course - but we find that most customers quite enjoy these features and the extra touch of realism they bring to their flights.

Personally, seeing the 'Cabin Ready' memo flash on the EWD before departure, knowing that the cabin has been briefed, the safety demo has played, it's been secured (and the time taken to secure is proportional to the number of passengers loaded) - and lights have been dimmed for takeoff, is quite good fun!

• Upvote 2

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

I agree Andrew, it all adds to the ambiance of the flight. :happy:  looking forward to release

Joe Park

I agree with Andrew too. If you fly often in real world in small airports you will notice the airplane usually stop some minutes giving some time to flight attendants for finishing their routines.

I like it!

Miguel Leandro

Looks and sounds great.   So the question is from what im reading that its rumoured this beta is based on P3D V4.1 and FSL was not interested in releasing until LM fixed up some issues that prevented proper usage. 

So where or when is 4.1 coming then? Heard the same thing with AS aircraft like the CRJ where some things cant be fixed yet until 4.1 is released alleviating those issues. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 hour ago, MachTwo said:

A few people have questioned why we've added a cabin environment: We wanted to add a new dimension to the simulation - because in the real world there is an interaction with the cabin that is generally missing in desktop flight simulation (difficult to do, of course - but there are certain aspects that can be simulated).

You did good. Nothing wrong with trying to expand the experience of flying a commercial airplane.

Ahmet Can

On 9/1/2017 at 1:26 AM, MachTwo said:

All of this can be disabled, of course - but we find that most customers quite enjoy these features and the extra touch of realism they bring to their flights.

Personally, seeing the 'Cabin Ready' memo flash on the EWD before departure, knowing that the cabin has been briefed, the safety demo has played, it's been secured (and the time taken to secure is proportional to the number of passengers loaded) - and lights have been dimmed for takeoff, is quite good fun!

Thank you Andrew.  I'm one of those customers.  I love the complexity and realism, and thrive on it, but I also love all of the extra environment too.  It's a good call.

Bob