Sign in to follow this  
willy647

spoilers on/off

I want to assign buttons for spoilers on / off in P3Dv4 however this does not work. Keys don't work either. Spoilers toggle works ok.

Not sure this is a PMDG 737 or a P3D problem

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Hello Willy,

I'm not sure what you need. Spoilers on/off is actually spoilers toggle which is generaly assigned to the Key "#". Assuming you talk about Joystick Buttons, I have not tried to assign a button for the spoilers since I'm already out of available Buttons. A tip maybe: if you use EZDok or another camera addon, it might interfere with your Buttons (maybe check if that button is already assigned through your camera addon and thus not working in P3D.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Do you have any hardware with a slider?  I have a slider axis assigned to the spoiler.  This allows for incremental setting for the speedbrake (so it's not all or nothing, you can set it to 50% to add a little drag but not full)

Of course, this applies to the speedbrake  (in air, I know there's a difference but it works just as well on the ground if you're not using autobrake)

I don't have the NGX open, but I think the speedbrake can be assigned to a keycommand in the CDU PMDG Options and the default is "/", there is also a keycommand speedbrake armed for which I use Ctrl+/.  I use the speedbrake armed keycommand along side the slider on my throttler controller that is assigned to the speedbrake axis in P3D.  This requires that FSUIPC be used to convert the button on the controller to the keycommand.

Dan Downs KCRP

I dont have an extra slider available :(   Indeed, the default speedbrake toggle key is "/" and working fine. But there are also assigments for "Spoilers Off" and "Spoilers On" and those I do not get to work. 

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

5 hours ago, willy647 said:

I dont have an extra slider available :(   Indeed, the default speedbrake toggle key is "/" and working fine. But there are also assigments for "Spoilers Off" and "Spoilers On" and those I do not get to work. 

You need to assign SPOILERS DOWN and SPOILERS UP in the CDU keyboard assignment (Control Stand Page 1).

The P3D spoilers off and on control assignments don't work in the NGX.

• Upvote 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

17 hours ago, kevinh said:

You need to assign SPOILERS DOWN and SPOILERS UP in the CDU keyboard assignment (Control Stand Page 1).

The P3D spoilers off and on control assignments don't work in the NGX.

The answer I was looking for. Thanks !