Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Compatible Flight Planner

One observation. When loading flighplans that contain co-ordinated the GNS gives an "locked" message for those waypoints.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

This is normal anytime you use user waypoints. I think this particular message is explained in the Garmin GNS Pilot's Guide.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

You can also use this online real world flight planning site. You do need to register and also build a profile for yourself and for one aircraft. I used a dummy tail number and it worked fine. Once you have a flight plan completed there are export options and one is for an FPL plan export. I tried it and it works fine with the GNS trainer and thus with the new RXP GNS v2.  Just download the exported file into the appropriate ......./Garmin Trainer Data/GNS/FPL folder on your system.

http://www.iflightplanner.com/

I only use one aircraft at that online site as I am building plans to import into RXP and thus focused on routes and waypoints and not concerned about matching aircraft performance

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

In the next day or so I will be posting here in the RXP  v2 GNS area about how I have used two different real world flight planning sites that each provide a means to save/download flight plans you create  to Garmin spec .fpl files.  I was fortunate that I had a number of flight plans saved on one of those sites and I have been able to download them with the Garmin .fpl spec and successfully import them into the RXP v2 GNS GPS's.  Works slick.  Stay tuned!  I will likely start a new topic here so that it has a heading that best describes the content.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Make it three planning sites so taking a bit longer.  FltPlan.com; iFlightplanner.com; and Skyvector.com. Stay tuned.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Is Simbrief compatible with RealityXP GNS 430 and 530? If yes which "format" do you use to export the flight plan in fpl format?

• Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 4:59 AM, Indy511 said:

The latest version of Little Navmap version 1.8.5. Excellent flight planner program.
Flight plans can be exported to the Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2, and the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch.
https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

Hi

Which export do you use for the exporting in .FPL format, that can be read of GNS530?

On 11/21/2021 at 5:02 PM, richarsc said:

Which export do you use for the exporting in .FPL format, that can be read of GNS530?

This should be clearly indicated in their User's Manual here:
https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)