Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Nvidia Driver 385.41 g2d.dll freeze

Hi, I have a an issue with a nvidia graphics driver, I have both P3DV3.4 and P3DV4 installed, I was running nvidia driver V368.81 for however long it's been out with good results and I just updated the graphics driver to V385.41 and P3DV4 seems a more stable with this version but I now get a g2d.dll freeze in P3DV3.4 only with this driver installed, V4 I don't have any problems, V3 will load with the default flight but I have no control over the menu I mean no click spots work, I can change views with a joystick button but only the sound changes but no view change, nothing on the screen works, if I revert back to V368.81 P3DV3.4 is back to normal again, any idea's?

Regards Rod.

Is that with V3 or V4? I don't have any problems with P3DV4 just with V3 with the 385.41 driver, seems a bit weird.

Regards Rod Lewis.

Hey guys,

I've not been running P3DV3 for a while, but I've had no issues with P3DV4 under the latest driver, but I'm very interested in tracking this.

Thanks for the reports... looking forward to as much info on this as possible.

Thanks again.  Best to all.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

52 minutes ago, doublebubble said:

Is that with V3 or V4? I don't have any problems with P3DV4 just with V3 with the 385.41 driver, seems a bit weird.

Regards Rod Lewis.

V3 here.

9 minutes ago, MindYerBeak said:

V3 here.

V3 Ha, interesting, I'm only keeping V3 at the moment because I haven't got my Orbx airports in V4 yet, and  A320X, so it would be nice to get to the bottom of it.

Cheers Rod.