Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

Help Required using LINDA

Hello

I am using P3d v4 and have FSUIPC v5 (registered) I have installed LINDA 3.01 (711)

I am using PMDG 737

I am trying to assign actions to the switches on my Hotas Warthog Throttle (which I am unable to do using FSUIPC)

Is there a video or step by step tutorial to explain how I assign a switch to carry out a command using LINDA?

I have read the manual and finding the process difficult  (I have missed something)

Guidance and advice would be so welcome

Hi Clive

Welcome to the LINDA forum. The PDF manual is the best option I can suggest but as that is not helping you I will try to give you a step by step guide. 

First of all, I need to check you have things set up correctly. Have you downloaded and installed the PDMG 737NGX module? This gives your all the functions for programming your Hotas. 

With LINDA 3.0.1 installed (3.0.2 is now available) and running with P3Dv4 with PDMG 737NGX loaded and FSUIPC5, you should see your Warthog listed on the Setup Joysticks page. Selecting the Joystick page (button top row) you should see each button highlight a line when pressed. Make sure that PDMG 737NGX is displayed in the aircraft by drop down at the top and click on FSXSYNC. This will highlight the aircraft name with an orange border. If so the next step is easy.

To assign a function to a button, click on the button's line under the OnPress column. This will display a multiple layer menu. The top section shows a number of library modules (ie. ATC, etc), below that you will see the installed aircraft module and at the bottom are a number of default functions. 

Clicking on the PDMG 737NGX module in the menu will display another menu with the main function groups. Selecting one of these will list the available function in each group. Clicking on one of these Functions will assign it to the button. You then need to click the Save button. It is then a good idea to Reload the LUA Engine by clicking on the right hand menu option or pressing CTRL+ALT-+R. This will Reload your configuration and ensure the button will run the function you have assigned. For test purposes I would try something simple like Landing Lights under External Lights. As buttons are used to toggle something on or off, you want the LandingLights_toggle. Pressing the button will toggle the switch in the cockpit. 

Once you have mastered one button, you can proceed with the others. Remember any button can be assigned any function. There is an option to assign more than one function to each button using the shift modes but that comes later. 

Come back if you have any questions. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thank you for your response  I have dowloaded and unzipped and placed the two folders (PMDG 737 MODULE) into the modules folder in P3d v4

PMDG 737-800 NGX is  in the box at the top and when I click on FSX SYNC P3D is ihighligted in orange,  i think this is wrong as it should be the name of the aircraft that should be highlighted

Can you advise further

I suspect that when you click FSXSYNC that you are seeing FSX Default outlined in orange. This would indicate that either the module is not it the correct location or it is not picking up the correct aircraft. 

Please follow the fault diagnosis thread above and send me the log files. 

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I need to see the fsuipc5.log and linda2.log as set out in the thread I pointed you to. You can email me as given there. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Please read this. It is there. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Glad you got it sorted. Enjoy flying with LINDA. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Did Linda ever get the touch screen conflict solved?

ZORAN

10 minutes ago, zmak said:

Did Linda ever get the touch screen conflict solved?

Hi Zoran

Most touch screens have been removed as devices from LINDA due to the reported conflicts.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

12 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

Hi Zoran

Most touch screens have been removed as devices from LINDA due to the reported conflicts.

Sorry but does that mean I can or cant use Linda ?

ZORAN

Just now, zmak said:

Sorry but does that mean I can or cant use Linda ?

I can't tell you as I do not have your equipment. Try it. No guarantees.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK