Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

XEnviro update to 1.07 imminent?

On 9/8/2017 at 2:13 AM, Colonel X said:

Manage your expectations.

Some user apparently live streamed a preview of 1.07 but it's not accessible anymore nor have I seen it.

This is this mornings update from the developer:

"1.7rc04 is on general test, only two items left to do: adjust ground haze levels to match xp11 and assemble new installer.
11 other pending items have been moved over to 1.08 work plan."

Manage expectations for next year? Maybe? Oh ok.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I wonder why there has been no comments at this time? I assumed the customer base would be pretty big but maybe not. I have not yet downloaded but will tomorrow.

Bob

I´m a little bit disappointed. I didn`t had performance issues with v1.06, but with 1.07, i feel a performance hit. I´m using the same settings. I have to test more, but considering how long it took, i´m not really impressed.

anyone getting a banding effect in the sky, it was there in earlier versions as well, now i noticed it again. is this an XP issue or XE issue? 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

5 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

I´m a little bit disappointed. I didn`t had performance issues with v1.06, but with 1.07, i feel a performance hit. I´m using the same settings. I have to test more, but considering how long it took, i´m not really impressed.

I did delete all lua scripts and i have to wait 2-3 minutes, after the flight has been loaded, to get real weather. Performance is ok.

A few shots: 

I'm quite happy with the update. It does seem to be a tad heavier on frames, but it's a nice (if not disappointing after such a long wait) update. I did a short flight from EGGP to EGCB and I went from cloudy weather to patchy in just under 20NM, checking the metar and pictures, it was actually very accurate. It makes X-Plane 11 much brighter and more visually appealing despite it's hefty price and lack of custom weather.

8 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

No performance hit, with it set on Maximum for each setting quadrant.

No loss of FPS, but....where's the popcorn?   Am I missing something?  I don't really see much diff between .06 and .07, and yes...they did warn us about that...that the 'infrastructure' is now in place for the new clouds coming later...

Ok....no visually better (that hits me upside the head) right now, but certainly no worse. I'm still very happy with xEnviro as a whole.

2 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

I did delete all lua scripts and i have to wait 2-3 minutes, after the flight has been loaded, to get real weather. Performance is ok.

A few shots: 

I get a change in the weather and updated Baro pressure readings within 20 seconds of plopped down upon any airport.  

I got that with .06 as well, so no degraded performance of any kind, at least on my system.

This is my personal opinion only honest and direct even if I know that not everyone is looking for the same things.

In my case I'm not happy with this version 1.07 . Atmosphere is no longer the same at all .I have uninstalled after a lot of time to test .I would like to go back on the previous version 1.06 but no idea how to get it.I loved the old version it was unbelievable...with a very good feeling of altitude and incredibly real clouds.For me It is a beautiful little destruction of the work accomplished.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

The clouds and overall atmospheric look seem a tad better to me, but I can't get past the hard haze line and don't remember it that distinct before.  Otherwise its great.  But when climbing above that haze layer with a perfect straight line in the distance where clear mountains pops though and a layer of cellophane below...it goes off.  Yeah maybe the haze line maybe realistic, but needs to be greatly improved and more gradual.  So back to default weather...sigh.

15 hours ago, gregda said:

The clouds and overall atmospheric look seem a tad better to me, but I can't get past the hard haze line and don't remember it that distinct before.  Otherwise its great.  But when climbing above that haze layer with a perfect straight line in the distance where clear mountains pops though and a layer of cellophane below...it goes off.  Yeah maybe the haze line maybe realistic, but needs to be greatly improved and more gradual.  So back to default weather...sigh.

you need the 1.04 shaders for that. 

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/112159-strange-looking-visibility-boarders/&tab=comments#comment-1096750