Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

XEnviro update to 1.07 imminent?

Great, thanks for the heads-up.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Currently it's at RC1, which tells me it's very close. Here is the chengelog posted to their facebook page:

Update.
I have submitted 1.07rc01 for testing. 
Changelog:

### [1.07] 
### Added
- Weather Briefing window added. Displays METAR for 20 nearby stations.
- General status dataref.
- Dataref for the weather radar data (precipitation echo).

### Changed
- Maximum wind speed now set in Knots. 
- Wind distribution has been changed to improve ATC reliability. 
- Blending adjusted to remove visible line of the ground mesh edge. 
- Internal representation of the weather is now based on voxel arrays. 
- Atmosphere colors adjusted to match X-Plane 11 light model. 
- Rain color and blending adjusted to match X-Plane 11 light model.

### Removed 
- X-Plane implemented ball mark for the selected menu entry. Temporary * removed. 
- X-Plane fog cutoff slider removed.

### Fixed 
- Water reflection for haze added. 
- Wininet exception handling code has been corrected. No more crashes hopefully. 
- Surface friction procedures amended to avoid spontaneous aircraft sliding

30 minutes ago, hamoody said:

Currently it's at RC1, which tells me it's very close. Here is the chengelog posted to their facebook page:

Update.
I have submitted 1.07rc01 for testing. 
Changelog:

### [1.07] 
### Added
- Weather Briefing window added. Displays METAR for 20 nearby stations.
- General status dataref.
- Dataref for the weather radar data (precipitation echo).

### Changed
- Maximum wind speed now set in Knots. 
- Wind distribution has been changed to improve ATC reliability. 
- Blending adjusted to remove visible line of the ground mesh edge. 
- Internal representation of the weather is now based on voxel arrays. 
- Atmosphere colors adjusted to match X-Plane 11 light model. 
- Rain color and blending adjusted to match X-Plane 11 light model.

### Removed 
- X-Plane implemented ball mark for the selected menu entry. Temporary * removed. 
- X-Plane fog cutoff slider removed.

### Fixed 
- Water reflection for haze added. 
- Wininet exception handling code has been corrected. No more crashes hopefully. 
- Surface friction procedures amended to avoid spontaneous aircraft sliding

Really doesnt look like they changed much, I was hoping for thunderstorms, better turbulence, visual bug fixes, high altitude weather etc.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

4 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

Really doesnt look like they changed much, I was hoping for thunderstorms, better turbulence, visual bug fixes, high altitude weather etc.

I know. I'm excited for the weather briefing window, adjusted sky colors, and eliminated crashes when the server connection is lost, but other than that it seems like a relatively small update. It took so long because they were working on implementing new 3D clouds but decided to push that feature to a later date. I hope that now they've organized things somewhat future updates will come a bit quicker. 

• Upvote 1

This is an intermediate update that is cut because people were BEGGING for it. Otherwise all the small fixes and changes would have been held back until the new clouds are done, which will take another while.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Given the initial substantial investment from so many, and the overly-long pause in communication from the devs.... One would have hoped for more than this?  Hmmmm....

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, J.L.Seagull said:

Given the initial substantial investment from so many, and the overly-long pause in communication from the devs.... One would have hoped for more than this?  Hmmmm....

+1 on this sentiment. Glad to finally see an update, but the content is a letdown.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Ohhh, so this doesn't actually include the new clouds or any hope of having custom weather :blink:. It's been a very long wait since January, and I think the lack of progress has left a lot of people quite frustrated (including myself)

• Upvote 1

I'm not frustrated, there is an update, it"s a good point, this patch will help me to wait for the next one and so on...

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

25 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Ohhh, so this doesn't actually include the new clouds or any hope of having custom weather :blink:. It's been a very long wait since January, and I think the lack of progress has left a lot of people quite frustrated (including myself)

And you would think X-Plane users are zen masters of patience... give it another year and relax!

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I'm perfectly relaxed (He says shaking in anger after taking Xanax :biggrin:)

In all seriousness, I understand it's software and they are trying hard. xEnviro still is the best weather engine there is for X-Plane, but the following things bother me:

• No Mac OS X support. This keeps getting pushed back. I mostly use Mac OS X, so would love this to work
  • No custom weather. The real big one here for me. There are no plans at all to do this, sadly. Would love to just be able to setup my own weather.
  • Integration with other addons, e.g. It doesn't work with the Eclipse G1000 weather depiction etc...

Obviously everyone's priorities on what they want is different, and I actually don't care too much about 3D clouds. I simply expect more for what was a very expensive addon (and I only have myself to blame for buying it). If we don't moan or are vocal about these things then developers will continue to release half-finished or buggy products, and it seems to me that not enough people are vocal (or they get censored) in the X-Plane world. If we don't complain or moan (constructively), then X-Plane addons will never get any better

• Upvote 3