Sign in to follow this  
Fdm79

GNS V2 Problems (P3D V4)

Hi,

Just purchased V2 as a previous user of RxP set for FSX and I'm having lots of troubles.

It pretty much feels like a corrupted installation ! I have no click sounds, no animation when using knobs, and when trying to integrate with Carenado's aircrafts, the 3D model is horrible, nowhere like it used to be in FSX (flood lights for the unit in P3D V4 looks terrible)...... I understand this is probably an issue with carenado's MDL's and entries in Panel.CFG, however, I've tried to substitute the gauge name with the ones from the new version and no success ! All I get is the screen view inside the old default frame with no sounds, no animation. 

Please help !

PS - Whenever I try to run the update, it gives me na error message asking if I'm really connected to internet !

Please help !

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)

3 hours ago, Fabio said:

I've tried to substitute the gauge name with the ones from the new version and no success ! All I get is the screen view inside the old default frame with no sounds, no animation. 

I might not understand exactly what you want to achieve, and what you are getting. A screenshot might explain it better?

Please note GNS V2 bezel size is slightly different than the legacy GNS, not only the ratio is not exactly the same, but it is now in 32bits HDPI resolution! 

It is expected you'd have to adjust the panel.cfg in order to make a sound panel integration. GNS V2 also offers 'nobezel' option to render the screen only, which is handy in the VC when there is a GNS 3D model.

You might want to have a look at this mod thread:

As for no sounds, no animation, this is normal. GNS V2 no longer 'click' 'click' when you turn the knobs, nor it display fancy 'highlights' when you hover the mouse on a knob.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

7 hours ago, Fabio said:

when trying to integrate with Carenado's aircrafts,

Which aircrafts are you trying to install to?

Well, regarding animation and sound... Too bad compared to the older product ! even more when now for P3D V4 we don't need to worry about VAS and (most of the time, performance). 

And it's not only particularly because of animation and sounds... But I can't even turn the device on and off... Neither select the main source of Navigation as we could with the older version ! Is that correct ? 

You see, the diferences about the "fancy highlights" compared to the older product are so big that I even thought I had a bad installation of the product !!!

Please don't take me wrong ! Having the GNS working as it shoul for it's main purpose is fair enough. It's just because I was expecting a product of the same level of it's predecessor and now the device is more resumed to the display than the whole device and "fancy" features !

Or maybe, hopefuly I'm still missing something when editing panel.cfg (which I don't believe I am.)

Anyway, thank you for the response !

And answering Bill's question: So far I've only tried with B1900D to test ! Most of the other Carenado's aircrafts I already have the F1 GTN750. But I still need the RxP Garmin's for the older add-ons like C90,B200, etc. which by the way, Carenado haven't released for P3D V4 yet...

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)