Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

XP11 has never looked better..and with displayed, sustainable 28/30 FPS!

Left click on pic once, and then once more to bring up to full view detail and 28-30 FPS constant in the lower left of my screen.

Full 3D autogen houses and buildings, super-structures, forests, and overlay roads and moving traffic, in action, over Ortho4XP zl17/19/2 tiles

Cessna_172_SP_133.png

Cessna_172_SP_132.png

• Upvote 1

Looks just like my XP-11, I also get great performance.  How hard is it to install and use OrthoXP?  Does it automatically handle coastlines or do you have to create a mask?  I'd like to at least get California and Nevada in Photoreal, then Arizona.

John

16 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

Looks just like my XP-11, I also get great performance.  How hard is it to install and use OrthoXP?  Does it automatically handle coastlines or do you have to create a mask?  I'd like to at least get California and Nevada in Photoreal, then Arizona.

John

You need to create masks, but it's literally just a checkbox you have to click. The software seems daunting at first, but once you understand how to use it it's incredibly easy. I recently generated orthos for the entire UK and the hardest part was finding something to do for 12 hours while the program ran! 

Check out this video. It tells you all you need to know. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhr4xYosVvI

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Left click on pic once, and then once more to bring up to full view detail and 28-30 FPS constant in the lower left of my screen.

Full 3D autogen houses and buildings, super-structures, forests, and overlay roads and moving traffic, in action, over Ortho4XP zl17/19/2 tiles

Cessna_172_SP_133.png

Cessna_172_SP_132.png

Looks pretty amazing. What graphics card are you running? 

I don't know about his graphics card, my look is identical with a GTX 1060 that came bundled with my system.  XP detected it but picked low settings, which I manually adjusted to high without impact to the fps.  Mainly shimmering was removed and water detail matches what you see here.  I prefer P3D's water to XP-11 however, better shading especially near the coastlines.  I like the way the default 172 handles in the air, very similar to real life with only mild control inputs required.  MOI seems perfect, very real, much improved from earlier versions of XP.

John

10 hours ago, hamoody said:

You need to create masks, but it's literally just a checkbox you have to click. The software seems daunting at first, but once you understand how to use it it's incredibly easy. I recently generated orthos for the entire UK and the hardest part was finding something to do for 12 hours while the program ran! 

Check out this video. It tells you all you need to know. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhr4xYosVvI

Looks pretty amazing. What graphics card are you running? 

I run an EVGA FTW GTX1070 card. :) at stock values.