Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Install troubleshooting and configuration with hardware

I bought and Installed... went through the folder selection etc.

and then All I see is a Menu subfolder added RealityXP and its subfolder Garmin GNS (Fltsim) wityh 2 items readme  and  PDF user manual. Then another subfolder for Updater which IF I select errors out.

No Reality XP config popup

I then try to reinstall.. and this time, it "realizes" that the trainer is alrerady installed and exists.

Edited:

I now unistall from control panel

and then reinstall using the saved exe install file.. and even here is says the Demo is already installed and exits hurridly and now I have no Menu RealityXP 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 attempt..installed again and unisntalled the trainer as well and restarted the install and here is the log file

Since I cannot upload the log file here is the happy news on the log file at the  end

=== Logging stopped: 8/31/2017  19:38:01 ===
MSI (c) (34:28) [19:38:01:428]: Note: 1: 1707 
MSI (c) (34:28) [19:38:01:428]: Product: GNS400W-500W Trainer Lite -- Installation operation completed successfully.

MSI (c) (34:28) [19:38:01:429]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: GNS400W-500W Trainer Lite.
Product Version: 3.3.0000. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Garmin. Installation success or error status: 0.

MSI (c) (34:28) [19:38:01:429]: Grabbed execution mutex.
MSI (c) (34:28) [19:38:01:429]: Cleaning up uninstalled install packages, if any exist
MSI (c) (34:28) [19:38:01:430]: MainEngineThread is returning 0
=== Verbose logging stopped: 8/31/2017  19:38:01 ===

But no sign of any pop up to assign the GPS to any aircraft.. nor is there any menu item to for this config option

Manny

Hi Manny,

As far as i understand there is not a method to open 'realityXP' or the GPS unit as such external to the sim. From your second post are you referring to file explorer folders or the menu options folders in the sim on the top bar?

Disregard if you have tried this already, however did you open the flight sim and click on the 'Add-ons' menu at the top right and click on RealityXP? This is where you get the pop up in game and add it to the aircraft(s) and chose the method to detect the standard GPS unit and replace it etc. Once it is added to the aircraft then when you launch the GPS panel in the aircraft, you can click 'SHIFT' and 'right click' on the top line of the GPS unit to open the config options.

• Upvote 1

Ah OK.. Thanks James

Let me give that a shot.

• Upvote 1

Manny

Ok I managed to add thaI. I  was still in the old mindset. in spite of the architecture was discussed here.. I read that..  but cognitive dissonance comes in the way.   :)

My first attempt was the Duke D60 since it already had a VC for the GNS530. Initially, I had configured it for the F1 Garmin GTN750

When I tried to add the Realyxp 530, It only gave me the option to install it as a Popup only. and it works

Now I need to see how to put it into the VC and so on.

Manny

When I change an aircraft, within the sim  I get a CTD

Manny

36827390991_963f6c2a88_h.jpg

Not sure how to remove the Bezel in the Pop up. and assign the hardware keys via FSUIPC

Duke D60 I can only configure it as a Popup. 

I then tried the Duke Turbine and I unconfigured the F1 750 from it from the Realconfig and added the default GPS500 and loaded it within the sim and went into Reality config to assign the GPS530 and now the VC looks bizzare.. tried reloading the aircraft and now CTDs. Every time I want to  reload an aircraft I have to exit P3D.

I am going to give up on the VC part of this working at this  point.. 

I'd love to see how to pop up without the bezel and hw key assignment works... so I can have the GPS on the home cockpit. IF that works I really don't need the VC GPS

Manny

Hi Manny, that's an impressive setup you've got there!

I've posted this note a few hours ago: 

In short: the CTD is being looked at. Given the few number of people reporting it, vs the number of people flying it, I suspect this is something related to other gauges and/or add-ons. Nevertheless, one of the reports from another customer was including all the needed details, such as app crash info, faulting module and this leads us to a track we are presently working on.

As for your VC, I don't see what is 'bizarre' in the photo?!? Can you please detail?

For the hardware keys, you can either configure the keyboard shortcuts in the keyboard shortcuts ini file then map the shortcuts you've assigned to your hardware buttons, or, you can opt for the new 'Use GPS commands' setting which permit our GNS V2 to intercept default GPS commands, then map your hardware to send standard GPS commands.

As for the 'nobezel' option, it is better explained p10 in the User's Manual (Advanced Rendering Options).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

When ever it has to remove a panel (-xxxx red color) it CTDs.

Manny

41 minutes ago, RXP said:

As for your VC, I don't see what is 'bizarre' in the photo?!? Can you please detail?

I didn't post the picture.. the Realty xp gauge "messages"  like "Licensed to ...." was superimposed on the Radio panel.

In any case, I am now working on just the Popups for now. I may come to the VC part once I get the popup without bezel and key assignment working.

Doing too many things at one time, I make mistakes too.

Manny

I messed up so bad, now I cannot load the flight sim with either the Duke B60 nor the Duke Turbine.  IT simply CTDs.

What do I need to do remove the reality XP gauges from these two air crafts? Other than reinstallation of these two aircraft?

What panels do I need to reset?

Panel.cfg

aircraft.cfg

Anything else?

I had a backup of these two aircrafts.. recovering them 

Manny

I had to do a system restore (a week earlier). and I then reinstalled from the saved exe file..

I then started the Duke B60 and did just a pop up install of the Reality xp without messing with any file or panel.cfg and left it to reality XP to do its thing rather than me going and messing with any files.

But when the reality XP 530 pops up...  now it says I have an invalid license contact the vendor... message but it seems to work fine. I am able to change aircraft without CTDs... Keeping fingers crossed.

I am going to use this only as a Popup for now.

Hmm...

Manny

Are you sure you don't have an anti-virus doing bad things behind your back somehow?

Please note we are working on a lot of item at the same time too since the release, as the reports keep coming. Don't worry if you don't get an immediate answer on the forum, you can rest assured we are monitoring and reading, and adding all reports to our bug hunting database.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Now I am able to use the F1 GTN750 in the VC and the Realityxp 530 as a popup. 

:)

Not sure which one is the primary for Auto Pilot etc.

LOL :)

Manny