Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Install troubleshooting and configuration with hardware

26 minutes ago, RXP said:

Please note we are working on a lot of item at the same time too since the release, as the reports keep coming. Don't worry if you don't get an immediate answer on the forum, you can rest assured we are monitoring and reading, and adding all reports to our bug hunting database.

I totally understand. Not an issue. I too am playing with this thing and learning the limits of it. :) This is part of my edification. 

I am fine! 

I am not complaining  I am just posting my findings.. including the mess-ups/screw ups  I am doing.

When I go around modifying the panel.cfg and what not..  I take responsibility. 

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The License thing expired my GPS... so I went and did a reinstall from the F1 install file. it fixed the expired license thingi

The idea that I could have the F1 GTN and the Reality XP like I had reported earlier was a short lived thing. :)  .

in any case, the Reality xp 530 seems solid as a Pop up install. No CTDs 

• Upvote 1

Manny

PROBLEM TO SOLVE = How do I remove the Bezel from the Popup?

I have configured only a single Realtyxp 530 as a pop up which works solid. so I am not going to use the VC for now.

The PDF PAge 10, section Advanced Rendering Settings talks about how to remove the Bezel from the VC. 

I have only setup the Pop up.

I have tried many things, but I have been unable to remove the bezel on the pop up. Hmmmm

IT says, the Pop up and the VC are 2 instances of a single gauge. 

1) it says in Panel.cfg, I need to make a change and in exampel, it says changes [VCockpit01] (which section would I change for the Popup?)

2) it says change RealityXP.GNS.ini file with 

[GNS_530_1.No Bezel] with a single entry nobezel=true.

IS that section I need to add at the  bottom of the file.with that 1 entry or is it asking to change the top section from [GNS_530_1] with [GNS_530_1.No Bezel] and add an entry nobezel=true.?

3) is there a way to change the GNS_530_1.DEFAULT] section for NO BEZEL so  there no bezel for both. VC and popup? if so How?

It would be nice when configuring an option with Bezel or no bezel for each.. VC and Popup.

PROBLEM SOLVED: REMOVED BEZEL from Popup

1) In my case the popup section is Wondow03 in PANEL.CFG So that section for the line  Guage00 I added NO_BEZEL to the right end

2) I need to add at the bottom of the file "RealityXP.GNS.ini " .with that 1 additional section [GNS_530_1. NO_BEZEL] with 1 entry 

nobezel=true.

Now onward, to solving the assignment of keys cause now I do not have any buttons to press! :)

Manny

The system is designed to give you the flexibility you want!

0) in FSim, a gauge is like a template. It tells FS what/how to render. The panel.cfg tells what/where instances of gauges to display. Each entry of the same gauge is an instance (a sibling) from the same template (parent).

1) Look at the default RealityXP.GNS.ini file generated: it has a [GNS_###_#.DEFAULT] section for each device you've configured on the panel.

2) If not specified otherwise, each sibling of the same gauge will use the settings from the 'DEFAULT' section, for example [GNS_530_1.DEFAULT]

3) Whenever you want a particular instance of the gauge (one sibling) to use anything else than the 'DEFAULT', you have to add a 5th parameter to the gauge line in the panel.cfg file:

gauge_file!gauge_name, x, y, w, h, param

this would give for example: rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1, 0, 0, 100, 100, MY_NICE_VC

4) You can manually create as many sections you want, with your own easy-to-remember name, like [GNS_###_#.MY_COOL_POPUP] and [GNS_###_#.MY_NICE_VC]

Just copy paste the entire 'DEFAULT' section to the end of the RealityXP.GNS.ini file, change the suffix from '.DEFAULT' to '.MY_NICE_VC' (for example), and change this new section settings to your liking, like "nobezel = true"

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks Jean-Luc

:)

For Key assignment like the old ways... Where do I start?  

in the old way I used to do this.

Find the file RXPGNS.INI (I have it in C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\Settings folder)

530_CONTRAST_INC=

530_CONTRAST_DEC=

530_CONTRAST_RESET=

530_POW=ALT+CTRL+T

530_COMFLIP=

530_NAVFLIP=

530_CDI=ALT+CTRL+9

530_OBS=ALT+CTRL+O

530_MSG=ALT+CTRL+M

530_FPL=ALT+CTRL+F8

530_PROC=ALT+CTRL+F6

530_NAV=ALT+CTRL+F7

530_DTO=ALT+CTRL+F5

I'd like to something like  this if possible where using FSUIPC I assign ALT+CTRL+9 to a button press in my HW. I need help with just 1 button.  The ENT key

Manny

Page 7 of the user's manual? 

It works the very same, only the command names have changed! (commands detailed p12)

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I read P age 7 and 12.

but no sample was given.

for me, with just one Popup window for the GNS530 that is in Windows03 in Panel.cfg

1) would I use ENT_1 or ENT_3 for the enter key? I am thinking I would use ENT_1 since I only have 1 gauge/

2) In which section of the RealityXP.GNS.ini file would I add the entry for the ENT button? and how would that entry look?

ENT_1 = ALT+CTRL+M?

PAge 12 talks about lots of things, cause this does lot more stuff. It's fairly sophisticated in what it can do Obviously But right now I am trying to crawl before I can walk. :)

Manny

31 minutes ago, Manny said:

For Key assignment like the old ways... Where do I start? in the old way I used to do this. Find the file RXPGNS.INI (I have it in C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\Settings folder)

Page 7 gives you the new path to look for. The file is the same, only command names have changed. Page 12 gives you the list of commands, which are nevertheless all listed in the aforementioned file as well (the file which you'll find the path to page 7).

For the sake of helping everyone reading this thread and wondering what to do as well with the keyboard shortcuts:

page 7:

To change hotkeys, open the "My Documents\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\RealityXP.GNS.ini" file with notepad. 

It is a self-documented configuration file

page 12:

Each command ends with the suffix "_1" for unit #1 or "_2" for unit #2. For example, the command name for the device #2 "ENT" button is: "ENT_2"

Just let me know if there is anything more unclear, I'd be glad to help!

Ah..I was looking at the wrong file.   But both are named the same ("RealityXP.GNS.ini ") ..(that caused the confusion). one is in the Documents folder for Key commands which is different from the removal of the bezel where the file by the same name is in the airplane (specific aircraft) folder.   :)

OK..Let me give that a shot

Manny

SUCESS!   I got the ENT key to work using my GPS Hardware! LOL :)

I went to that file RealityXP.GNS.ini (the one within the Documents folder

and saw the template that is already there

ENT_1=

waiting for me to add a key combination.

I simply added "CTRL+WIN+M" making the entry

ENT_1 = CTRL+WIN+M

I then invoked FSUIPC within the sim in tab "Buttons & Switches", pressed the hardware button on my GPS HW, then selected "select for key press" and pressed my keyboard keys altogether (The Ctrl key, the Windows keys and the "M" key)., hit the OK on the FSUIPC and I was done with linking the Key board key combination to that 1 single HW button and then linking the command via the ini file to the RealityXP software 

That's it.

• Upvote 1

Manny

This looks so much better. GPS using the entire small monitor and the keys working. Whelp..the most important key for now,, the ENT key. Will come back later and do the entire set.

36842666181_296c6fa7db_h.jpg

• Upvote 1

Manny

Thanks, Jean-Luc for all your help.  I am in business now.

.BTW, is there a way to change the title of this thread? LOL :) 

Manny

finally configured all buttons that I could.

two Issues

1) When I press the Message button, I get the usual GPS Message along with this "Configuration Error. Config service req'd."

2) The only button not working is the PWR_PUSH_1 = CTRL+WIN+F10 Thought that would turn off and turn on the GPS

in Any case

HEre are my entries in RealityXP.GNS.ini (the file within  the Documents folder)

[SHORTCUTS]
TOGGLE_WINDOW_1 = ALT+SHIFT+1
CFLP_1 = 
VFLP_1 = 
CDI_1 = CTRL+9
OBS_1 = CTRL+WIN+O
MSG_1 = CTRL+WIN+M
FPL_1 = CTRL+WIN+F8
VNAV_1 = CTRL+WIN+F9
PROC_1 = CTRL+WIN+F6
ENT_1 = WIN+F2
CLR_1 = CTRL+WIN+F3
MNU_1 = CTRL+WIN+F4
DTO_1 = CTRL+WIN+F5
RDN_1 = CTRL+WIN+I
RUP_1 = CTRL+WIN+D
PWR_PUSH_1 = CTRL+WIN+F10
PWR_CCW_1 = 
PWR_CW_1 = 
VOL_PUSH_1 = 
VOL_CCW_1 = 
VOL_CW_1 = 
COM_PUSH_1 = 
COM_OUTR_CCW_1 = 
COM_OUTR_CW_1 = 
COM_INNR_CCW_1 =
COM_INNR_CW_1 =
GPS_PUSH_1 = CTRL+F1
GPS_OUTR_CCW_1 = CTRL+WIN+LEFT
GPS_OUTR_CW_1 = CTRL+WIN+RIGHT
GPS_INNR_CCW_1 =  CTRL+WIN+DOWN
GPS_INNR_CW_1 =  CTRL+WIN+UP

entries in my FSUIPC5.ini after assigning hardware buttons and knobs. if you have trouble assigning the Win key simultaneously with other keys like Ctrl+F1 within fsuipc, Press the windows  key first then press Ctrl+F1 = you would then see "ctrl+Win+F1" in the FSUIPC box.

[Buttons]

33=PL,5,K113,40     -{Key press: win+F2}-
34=PL,4,K114,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+F3}-
35=PL,3,K115,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+F4}-
36=PL,2,K116,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+F5}-
37=PL,12,K117,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+F6}-
38=PL,10,K119,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+F8}-
39=PL,8,K79,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+O}-
40=PL,0,K73,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+I}-
41=PL,1,K68,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+D}-
42=PL,6,K84,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+T}-
43=PL,17,K39,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+Right}-
46=PL,13,K112,10     -{Key press: ctl+F1}-
47=PL,11,K120,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+F9}-
48=PL,16,K37,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+Left}-
49=PL,19,K38,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+Up}-
50=PL,18,K40,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+Down}-
51=PL,9,K77,42     -{Key press: ctl+win+M}-
52=PL,7,K57,10     -{Key press: ctl+9}-

Manny

I am so happy. I've been wanting this for a long time since I moved out of FSX.

I'll wait for the next update before I work on the VC install. 

One thing I did was, there were some buttons on the default G500. "Terr" and "NRST"  where in the real GarminG530 and in reality G530 has VNAV and CDI in their place respectively.. so I programmed the VNAV and CDI in for those two buttons. I need to find a sticky and cover up the HW buttons for those two. Otherwise, it's perfect.

36177979703_a4b6907edb_h.jpg

• Upvote 1

Manny