Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

G1000 missing information for arrival airport?

I just tried to create a FPL from KFAT to KMFR (Rogue Valley) and after entering the arrival airport all information regarding a STAR, transition, or runway was missing!  I tried entering a couple other airports i.e. KLGB KMRY and they displayed airport information.  I just recently installed the navigraph update and the latest EMB505.  What am I doing wrong?  I just checked my Programs and Features (add/remove programs)  and it shows the following:

EMB505 V2 FSX/P3D version 1.0

EMB505 NAVIGRAPH FSX/P3D version 2.0

Could someone please verify that these are the correct entries for these products?  I am using FSX on Windows 7.

Thanks for your help!

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Those versions show up in my Add/Remove Programs too.  The key is that you have V2 installed and Version 1.3 of the Navigraph Extension.  Do not know why Microsoft Windows identified them at V2.0 and 1.0.

Make sure your folders for the navdata are correct:

CarenadoNavigraph (in this folder you should have the database file "carenavigraph")

Navigraph

NavData

Proc

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim:

My folders are:

FSX
 CarenadoNavigraph
    DefaultFSX
    G1000FSX
    Navigraph
    carenavigraph.db (dated 8/28/2015 size 113,885 KB)

The Navigraph folder contains:
     NavData
         PROC (This folder contains all the airport txt files dated 9/10/13 e.g. KMFR contains SIDS, approaches, etc;) 
         airports.txt
         ats.txt
         cycle_info.txt
         navaids.txt
         waypoints.txt

Are the details of your folders the same as mine? Which file(s) are actually used by the Navigraph extension pack?  What is the purpose of the DefaultFSX and the G1000FSX folders?  Since I subscribe to the Navigraph FMS data, where will the new data go when I go to update all my aircraft including the Phenom? I am concerned that my update to the latest Phenom and the Navigraph extension were successful.

Thanks for your help, Jim!

airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

13 minutes ago, Airbus said:

Are the details of your folders the same as mine? Which file(s) are actually used by the Navigraph extension pack?

Your files are the same as mine.  When Navigraph is updated, the data is sent to your NavData and PROC folders.  The AIRAC data.  You should point Navigraph updates to the Navigraph folder as all they update is the folders below Navigraph - NavData and Proc.

If your Navagraph data in the PROC folder is dated 9/10/13, that this the default PROC installed when you installed the aircraft.  Navigraph update should show files with 8/3/2017 dates.  When Navigraph updates the NAV and Proc folders, you should see an update into the G1000 upon first loading your aircraft.  On my PA46 Meridian I can bring this image showing the updating by clicking on Shift+9 but my data has already been updated so it will not appear anymore except for a second.  I think the Phenom 300 has a Shift + something too but I no longer have it installed. 

There is nothing wrong with the installation of the aircraft or Navigraph Extension.  In P3Dv3 there was an issue but in V4 they did it correctly.  In FSX there never was a problem with the installation.  Just the operation of the aircraft.  I have no idea the purpose of the DefaultFSX and G1000FSX folders. 

You might want to look at my topic in the General Forum regarding the installation of the modules in the dll.xml in P3DV4 as I saw the installer installed the path to the 32 bit version vs the 64 bit version.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim:

All OK now!  I just successfully updated the navigraph data from my account and the files are dated 8/3/17 just as you said.  When I loaded the Phenom the data was updated automatically.  Thanks again for your help!

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Glad everything was installed properly.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM