Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Lateral tracking issue?

Ok I get it. It is typical of either a slow catching pid as defined in the aircraft.cfg section, or a slow update rate of the gauge somehow (that is FS is not refreshing our GNS V2 at the normal gauge speed - 18Hz). Can you cross check there is no "gauge update rate" value in your panel windows, just to make sure of this?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I;m not seeing anything like that in any files.  Seem to all be just window placement values in the panel.cfg.  As an aside, I have the F1 GTN, and it does not have any deviation/tracking errors and updates rather fast, even in turns.  The A2A Comanche AP is said to be archaic, thus won't negotiate hard turns in TRK modes, thus one must use HDG or ST to recapture the DTK, but the GTN will only overshoot a mile or two (IIRC) and reestablish pretty fast.  This being tight turns.  Less dramatic turns don't deviate as much.  I don't see any values in the CFG files for this plane that would make any difference in the ability to track, regardless of GPS input.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I'm glad you're saying! Apart from the hiccup you are experiencing, the RXP GNS V2 A/P is very precise and follows curved tracks accurately, and almost never overshoots! Have you tried in another aircraft than this one to compare?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, RXP said:

I'm glad you're saying! Apart from the hiccup you are experiencing, the RXP GNS V2 A/P is very precise and follows curved tracks accurately, and almost never overshoots! Have you tried in another aircraft than this one to compare?

I will try it tonight.  I haven't had a lot of time.  I'm not doubting the GNS, the old GNS in FS9 was perfection.  I'd still like to see the A2A GA work well with it too.  Since DF is no longer a player, I don't too own many other GA add-ons now. 

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired