Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Industry leading AI traffic package about to hit X-Plane!

This will be a hot fall for X-Plane... along with native VR support and new X-Enviro versions, it looks like World Traffic 3.0 will finally see the light of day. There's little doubt that it will be the best AI traffic package for any sim, with features users of other simulators sim may only dream about. It's been a long time coming!

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/128621-world-traffic-30-features/

• Upvote 3

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

28 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

What's really interesting is the Pilot2ATC integration (interface) as of version 3.1.

I agree, a traffic program is "useless" without proper atc integration. And I say "useless" with all due respect to the developer, but that's the word I think best describes it. It makes no sense to have a sky full of aircraft aimlessly flying around. Sure, they go from point "A" to "B", but someone, something, has to be controlling all that, and especially how you the user, the only human in the mix, fits in. I removed WT from all my Xplane installs soon after purchase a long time ago, for this very reason, and won't put it back until there is full atc integration, from somewhere. The included atc with WT was not usable for my liking. The control of the ai, or traffic from any source, has always been a big downfall of Xplane. Until that's sorted out, everything else traffic wise is moot. Suppose it's fine if you only fly ga and want some traffic around your local airport, but it's "useless" for flying out of major hubs. Again, no disrespect to Greg, what's he's done is great, it just needs to go that step further to be complete. Nice to see progress, but I'll wait for the Pilot2Atc integration, however long it takes.

• Upvote 2

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Fantastic news, kudos to the developer for such improvements from the previous version and more so for not charging extra for it.

Cant wait!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

8 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Fantastic news, kudos to the developer for such improvements from the previous version and more so for not charging extra for it.

Cant wait!

I will contact Greg and offer a donation, once atc integration is implemented. As it stands he deserves something for all his work, I just need that final implementation of proper atc to make it a viable program in the Xplane world. If the atc were not a concern, as I'm sure it's not to all users, he should still be offered something, but like I said, I'll wait until it's finished.

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

9 minutes ago, Muskoka said:

I will contact Greg and offer a donation, once atc integration is implemented.

I think that is a great idea and well deserved.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I personally believe 124th ATC would be the perfect match for WT 3.0 - although I haven't tried Pilot2ATC yet.

-

Excellent News !  And by that time we should also already have 11.10 !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Will this have it's own supplied aircraft?

Bob

8 minutes ago, N1G said:

Bob

I believe it will. 

NAX669.png

50 minutes ago, N1G said:

Bob

Yes, also the most detailed of any traffic addon.

-

17 hours ago, Colonel X said:

I personally believe 124th ATC would be the perfect match for WT 3.0 - although I haven't tried Pilot2ATC yet.

Fully agree, especially because Pilot2ATC appears to be windows only.

Pilot2ATC is better. Besides, it works with XP11 and P3d. I gave up on 124th as its dialog box is too small to read at 4K. It was a good attempt at ATC, especially since it's freeware.

• Upvote 1

On 9/1/2017 at 7:26 PM, Colonel X said:

Yes, also the most detailed of any traffic addon.

Thanks!