Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Industry leading AI traffic package about to hit X-Plane!

This program is a serious waste of flying time ... in that I have spent a couple of hours now, on the ground,  just watching the comings and goings!!  Flying in my Flight Sim?  Hah!! I've been too busy with my flask, sandwiches and bin's to even file a FP!! The days that I can't fly GA (because of XEnviro) are now a thing of the past. Get on the end of a rwy where you would never be allowed in RL and watch the AI guys try to bring them in (or not). Impressive physics and graphics!!

• Upvote 5

Traffic alerts are real

full.jpg

Spacing on approach is usually realistic as seen here at EGLL

full.jpg

Planes do actually wait for other planes to land first

full.jpg

Aircraft wait for other aircraft to cross runway before takeoff and then other aircraft wait for plane to take off ... perfect!

I was in the prop just watching it all happen :)

full.jpg

Hi Glenn, those pictures are with default options? Did you tune something to achieve those AI planes behavior? I'm testing the evaluation copy and so far I'm liking it at lot.

Thanks,

Alexander Colka

There is one detail this great plugin is missing. I dont know if its something related with the AI models, or a failure with X-Plane 11 textures, but there are NOT (or they are barely visible) touch down effect when the aircrafts are landing.

I love watching AI taking of and landing. In fact, since WT3 was released, I´ve been more time watching AI operatyions than flying, and I miss FSX/P3D like smoke effects.

Do you have the same problem or its my XP11 install). Maybe after lots of texture replacements for improving the sim I deleted something...

xlife plugin has the same problem. No t/d effects. So maybe the problem is with the Bluebell models...

What do you think?  Tnx.

Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz ; Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i GT ; Mb Asus Maximus VIII Hero ; 240Gb SSD Kingston SSDNow V300+ 2TB SSD Samsung EVO exclusive for Prepar3D v3.2 + 2xSeagate 6TB SATA3 64MB ; 32GB DDR4 2400 G.Skill Ripjaws V Red ;  

Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB ; 48" TV Samsung HW-7500 Curved UHD 60Hz 

11 hours ago, alexcolka said:

Hi Glenn, those pictures are with default options? Did you tune something to achieve those AI planes behavior? I'm testing the evaluation copy and so far I'm liking it at lot.

Thanks,

Hi Alex, I think the trick is not to overload it too much. Most people will drag all the sliders to the right but then you have an unrealistic population of aircraft at least at large airports. I have my first slider set to about 80% the rest to 40%. I found this gives a good mix. Aircraft then have time to wait for each other and spacing is more realistic. Of course it's not 100% perfect at the moment but I would say it is way way ahead of what we had to to in WT2 which I had used before since that came out I spent many hours(days) tweaking that one :) 

Is this a free upgrade for owners of wt2,or are there upgrade costs?

Thanks

Pete Little

Only if you bought WT2 more than 6 months ago, otherwise it's free.

I agree with the risk of overpopulating airports. You get unrealistic flow of traffic with the danger of stutters and freezes. With Afre real schedules better to decrease the range of nearby airports to 30 or 60 NMs instead of the usual 120NMs especially in jammed packed area like London or Paris or New York

Just thought I’d mention it is also only $10 to upgrade from WT1, which was a most pleasant surprise. :)

3 hours ago, luke97 said:

there are NOT (or they are barely visible) touch down effect when the aircrafts are landing.

xlife plugin has the same problem. No t/d effects. So maybe the problem is with the Bluebell models...

I suspect the reason is that WT and xlife are forced to take direct control of AI aircrafts, not relying on XP default AI traffic. So it's up to them to implement any movement or effect on the AI aircrafts, including touchdown effects.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

8 hours ago, Murmur said:

I suspect the reason is that WT and xlife are forced to take direct control of AI aircrafts, not relying on XP default AI traffic. So it's up to them to implement any movement or effect on the AI aircrafts, including touchdown effects.

WT3 has some smoke effects, but the way it intercepts the event "touch-down" not always the smoke is shown. Maybe with a revides particle system and the new SDK the smoke effect could be embedded in the aircraft obj, unfortunately not an expert here.

Hi all,

Do the WT3's AI planes abort landing (go around) if there is an aircraft on the runway? If so, what happens next? Do they retry the landing (begin new approach procedure)?

35 minutes ago, Emerson67 said:

Hi all,

Do the WT3's AI planes abort landing (go around) if there is an aircraft on the runway? If so, what happens next? Do they retry the landing (begin new approach procedure)?

Yes and yes. If arrivals are plenty, some of them might also go on a holding pattern to prevent a go around. 

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Hi,

Just wanted to ask : How is the WT3 traffic working whith addon aiports having custom static Aircraft on the apron?

Best regards,

Pierre