Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Industry leading AI traffic package about to hit X-Plane!

124th ATC ? Never heard of it, but just visited the site.... Looks nice ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

32 minutes ago, jcomm said:

124th ATC ? Never heard of it, but just visited the site.... Looks nice ?

Give it a try, works flawlessly. Especially voice-only (no "text box") - as in real life.

• Upvote 2

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I have been following WT 3's progress for the past year. I bough WT2 a couple of months ago as I couldn't wait any longer and was safe in the knowledge that WT3 will be 'free' for WT2 owners. It seems that WT3 has been 'imminent' for quite some time. I hope it comes soon. In the meantime, WT2 is not bad if anyone is in a hurry like I was to have some traffic populate their airports in a semi realistic way. It has a lot of warts and is time consuming to set up. I have just populated airports where I fly the most but apparantly WT3 will be far more automated and populate everywhere at once (from my understanding) without the need to manually set up. Although what remains bizarre for me is that it will not fully work with some airports that do not have ground routes built into them. I'm not sure what determines that but I was surprised when someone asked about KIAD on the org forums and was told by the developer that this won't work fully (taxing etc) as KIAD has no ground routes built in by default (unless someone adds them) whereas other airports do. I guess we will see soon enough how automated it is compared to WT2. I just hope it doesn't require me to have start downloading loads of ground routes as WT2 does if you want to have realistically taxiing aircraft. Fingers crossed. 

I talked months ago with the developer of 124th about an integration with WT3 but the impression I got was that he preferred to deal with native XP AI. But maybe he may reconsider if WT3 gets a wider audience. Pilot2ATC looks a step above, not surprising since it's in the high range payware utility.

Being a tester of WT3 I think that what it really needs is an automatic downloadable repository of ground routes and airport operation files. I hope that some net skilled programmer can help Greg developing such a tool.

16 minutes ago, Desaix said:

Being a tester of WT3 I think that what it really needs is an automatic downloadable repository of ground routes and airport operation files. I hope that some net skilled programmer can help Greg developing such a tool.

So I guess then that not all airports have working ground routes by default in WT3? How does this work in practice? Does it mean that still some planes will spawn on the runway at certain airports? Also what proportion of airports have ground routes built in with full out of the box functionality as we see with FSX/Prepar3d traffic addons?

59 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Also what proportion of airports have ground routes built in with full out of the box functionality as we see with FSX/Prepar3d traffic addons?

At the moment, the gateway lists 2.506 default airports with Taxi Routes (Featuring "Has Taxi Route"):

https://gateway.x-plane.com/airports/page

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

34 minutes ago, Murmur said:

At the moment, the gateway lists 2.506 default airports with Taxi Routes (Featuring "Has Taxi Route"):

https://gateway.x-plane.com/airports/page

Well spotted. Hmmm...2,506 default airports is not bad at all then :) I was worried it would be a lot less. Looking forward even more now to WT3!

On 04/09/2017 at 11:12 AM, Desaix said:

I was under the impression it did that already. How about for all the addon scenery, payware and from the ORG, will it generate ground routes for them also automatically? 

On 5. 9. 2017 at 9:43 PM, Davidrebolton said:

I was under the impression it did that already. How about for all the addon scenery, payware and from the ORG, will it generate ground routes for them also automatically? 

If they have these added and payware scenery taxilines so yes.

It has a date now:  21st of Sept. 2017

-

Is there GA and can the amount of this type be controlled? The software sounds great but I normally fly the smaller airports so the GA aspect is a must. Any info or personal experience with the GA contained would be much appreciated.

Bob

Yes, I have GA traffic.  I'll be expanding the functionality too shortly adding in touch-and-gos in WT 3.0.1.  I'll be improving the traffic pattern logic too for small airports.  It's ok now, but the planes don't follow normal patterns too well.  You can define your own approaches though but I want to make it more automatic.  Any other requests?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, classicjetsims said:

Yes, I have GA traffic.  I'll be expanding the functionality too shortly adding in touch-and-gos in WT 3.0.1.  I'll be improving the traffic pattern logic too for small airports.  It's ok now, but the planes don't follow normal patterns too well.  You can define your own approaches though but I want to make it more automatic.  Any other requests?

Thanks much, it looks like your off to an excellent start! Looking forward to it.

Interesting, this was a major factor in my not moving from XPX to 11...

spacer.png

4 hours ago, classicjetsims said:

Counting the hours!

-